Patching things up (Ch. 15)

Y/N: "So... You're telling me this phone of yours has the capability of hacking everything?"

Mei gave me a quick nod, turning back to her bowl of two minute ramen. Slurping up noodles in one quick gulp, as she wipes a bit of the liquid off her face.

Mei: "Yes, although it's not as easy as you think."

Y/N: "I'd bet..."

I looked at her phone, flipping it over in my hand. Then quickly hand it back to Mei as she deals with my very own phone. Then, place it on a jack connected to her computer, downloading software onto mine.

Mei: "So, do you really think you'll need this?"

Y/N: "I feel you already know the answer since you bugged my phone."

Mei's eyes shot open, her chopsticks falling out of her hand. I smirked and chuckled.

Y/N: "It was a joke... Guess I was wrong."

I put my arm down, and she moved back.

Mei: "Let me explain."

I brought my arm up, revealing a cigarette and light it. Mei let out a gasp and fell to the floor. Allowing me to study her new place, mostly there were simple empty boxes used to send her computer parts and bed which wasn't even made to the side.

Y/N: "No need... I kind of knew the moment I walked into the room, you were staring at your phone. I could see the reflection thanks to the window behind you. My name was on it. My only question is... Are you a cop?"

Mei: "No... I'm not a police officer."

I shook my head and turned to the door, expecting it to be kicked down as a group of police officers enter with riot shields.

Y/N: "Shame, cause if you were. This would be the perfect set-up. You hold all the cards in your hand, and you wouldn't even need to tell me."

Mei: "I have been honest. I mean no disrespect. But it's the truth."

Y/N: "Then what's your reason for looking me up?"

Mei: "I needed to trust someone that didn't want to fuck me."

I stopped myself from giggling, knowing it would be rude and sat up. Spreading my shoulders and studied her eyes.

Y/N: "Alright, I know Lamar doesn't seem like the most. Trustworthy person of the lot, but I'll stand for him on this."

Mei: "Not Oliver?"

Y/N: "I barely know him, in fact. Even less than you."

Mei sighed, grabbing her chopsticks on the floor and wipes them on her clothes. Then continues to eat, quickly lifting the cup to her mouth. Drinking the broth and belches. Throwing the cup into one of the boxes that will be acting as her trashcan for the time being.

Mei: "OK... But you need to hurry."

Y/N: "I'm aware, I'm on the clock on this one, and I'd like you to at least act as my eyes."

Mei nodded, digging through her boxes pulling out a small drone no more significant than my hand when she was done, stating how it opened and closed. She handed back my phone and brought up a map.

Mei: "Your target is here. He's on the third floor, at a restaurant."

Y/N: "I know where it is... The fancy place for a kingpin, is he inside or out?"

Mei pressed a few buttons in quick succession, pulling up a photo of a young woman and man who were opposite the kingpin. The man had a black suit and was eating with what I know are three of his bodyguards and one of his old friends.