Race Spot (Ch.7)

Lamar: "Alright you motherfuckers you feeling good. Time to reveal!"

Lamar laughs as I roll my eyes. It's on Friday evening. Lamar is hanging out at the shop. Along with Franklin who sat right beside me.

Your boys have headed home or stayed behind to play a friendly game of power. Texas hold 'em, it was about a $100 to buy in and a few of your guys stayed behind.

Both Greg my manager and Dale our new mechanic was playing as well, It's a game of five and for the past few turns, Lamar has been kicking everyone's ass.

Greg with a straight face reveals his cards to show a pair of Queens. Dale does the same revealing a King and a 2. Both spades. Lamar chuckles as he shows a nine of diamonds.

Meaning the pair of 9's that were on the table were now three. The two losers groan and I snicker as Franklin groans as he shuffles the cards around.

Y/N: "Well Greg you're out. "

Lamar: "Thank you and your generous donation."

Greg: "Ah horse shit!"

Franklin: "Chill dog, you got another chance. Just buy-in."

Greg: "I just can't... How does he keep doing this? He's won the last five rounds."

Lamar sniffs and scratching his nose, showing a cheeky smile.

Lamar: "You know how this is... Damn skill."

Franklin: "Skill? Motherfucker, it's just dumb luck."

Lamar shakes his head and I speak up.

Y/N: "Alright that's enough. Now come on let's-"

The garage door opens and the group watches Izzy truck drive into the store. As he steps out at the group shocked.

Izzy: "What the hell's going on here."

Dale, who's been silent for the past hour or so finally speaks up.

Dale: "Playing a game of poker... You want to join?"

Izzy turns to me.

Izzy: "Why aren't you guys working?"

Y/N: "It's a Friday and gave my guys an early day. Then I had this thought, wouldn't it be fun to play a game of cards. But, since there's no casino around here. I made the casino come to me."

Lamar cackles pulling his pot of chips close as he flashes us all a big grin of a poor winner.

Lamar: "Best fuckin idea you've had thus far."

Izzy takes shakes his head and pulls up a seat.

Izzy: "How much to by in?"

Franklin: "$100... God, can't I get a good hand?"

I glanced at my cards and I nodded as well. Not getting the best cut I could. But turn to Izzy taking the game rather seriously. So I chuckle pulling out a beer from the cooler and hand one to him.

Y/N: "So what brings the big boss down to our little store?"

Izzy takes a sip of his beer and hands me his phone. I noticed a video of a car.

Izzy: "I've got good news!"

I picked up his phone and hit the play button, I gulp as I observe the race from a few days ago. There were pictures of me and my car. Franklin was watching the video over my shoulder and gulps as well.