Training (Ch.9)

I've got to be honest... After reading your guys comments and how much you liked this book. 

Well, honestly i was having a writers block and started doubting my own writing ability. At some point, i just thought. Its time to give up.

So, I've personally got to thank you guys, because you reawakened it and actually made me feel like I've done something that is worth doing.

So... I don't know what to say, but thank you. Because, there's no way of describing what you've done for me.

--- --- ---

Lamar: "What ya think about that homie."

Lamar and I were standing on the shooting range and I nodded approvingly as I stare at his targets.

Y/N: "Not bad... You'd even give Franklin a run for his money."

He'd shot all his targets and at least got three head-shots on the fifty-meter target. All by pistol.

Lamar: "Does that mean?"

I nodded and the man punched the air and turned to me.

Lamar: "That's right... Look at your boy, he ain't just a pretty face."

I chuckled, giving him a round of applause.

Y/N: "Well done. But don't let it get to your head."

Lamar: "Shit... Right, sorry, man."

Y/N: "No need to worry, now come on. I still need to check you on the rifle."

I pulled out the rifle that I got from Lester, something of a birthday present.

It was disassembled and placed in a normal suitcase when it's not being used. Quickly assembling the rifle I hand it to Lamar.

Lamar: "Now this..." he sniffs holding back a tear. "Is beautiful."

Y/N: "Easy tough guy... Come on, show me what you got."

For the next twenty or thirty minutes, I simply watched Lamar have a field day with my weapon, the longer he played with my rifle the more he didn't want to put it down and I was the same it was beautiful and light. Not something you want with a rifle... Cause it would buck back or move too much, but that doesn't seem to hinder it.

Lamar: "Whoo... Never thought I enjoy target practice that much."

I nodded, disassembling the rifle as we both walk out of the shooting range.

Y/N: "Yeah... It's a good way to just relax and burn off some stress."

Lamar: "So what you think?"

I pulled out my black book holding Lamar's name and

Lamar Davis
Stamina - 2
Shooting - 3
Strength - 3
Stealth - 2
Driving - 4
Hacking - 1
Mind - 2
Weapons of Choice: 9mm/SMG
Description: Lamar Davis, a young man from Grove Street. Grounded and better than the past month.

Lamar: "That's what I'm saying homie."

He taps my shoulder as we walk out of the store, I jump into my car and turn to Lamar.

Y/N: "Alright the last thing I want to do today with you is to check out your place."

Lamar stopped, he stood half-way in his van and looked at me.

Lamar: "Listen... Homie, we cool right. So... Well."

Y/N: "If you want me to help, then I have to go check out your place."