Military problems (Ch.18)

Lamar: "Do you see the cars yet?"

I shook my head and turned to Lamar; he wore camo clothing. But gave it his little spin on it as he sat on the side of the road, covered in shrubs. Waiting for the target to arrive. In contrast, I lay on the floor on a slight ridge and peered through the scope of my rifle.

Y/N: "No... Not yet. Mai, how we are looking?"

Mai: "They're on route, less than a minute away."

Lamar: "Thanks, baby girl."

Mai didn't respond, and for a moment, I glanced down at Lamar. We didn't have time to gather many things. The plan was simple; I would have to take out the truck. Thus, forcing the men in the cars to come to a grinding halt, taking them out one after another.

Lamar would act and take the trucks in between these shots as I create cover fire with him. Now covered in leaves and hidden in the bushes. My only hope was this worked out.

Lamar: "I see 'em."

The trucks rolled up over the highway, four men in each car. Finally, the payload in the middle, taking a deep breath, I focused on the driver and went completely silent.

Y/N: "Sorry."

A round was fired, and I watched the bulletproof glass take the shot. Cocking the gun once more and firing a second time, the bullet finally went through. But instead of the head that I had aimed for the first. This one had struck his throat. He held his throat as the man who sat beside him peered out of the window.

Trying to find me, reloading again. The communicator went off in my ear as the group started calling for backup. Mai had quickly acted, jamming their radios. The third shot finally struck the second man, and he topples onto his friend. The truck came to a screeching stop.

Lieutenant: "Shots fired! I repeat shots have been fired!!!"

Y/N: 'Come on... Get out of your Humvees.'

On cue of the six cars, four of them stepped out; my shots rang out as I took out two right behind one another. Then another soldier made a run for cover near the guard rail of the highway. Putting another magazine in, I watched bullets fly towards the mountainside, none near me.

Y/N: "Lamar."

Another dropped and then another, as the two remaining cars rammed into another. Again, creating a barrier for their men.

Lamar: "Give me one second."

Out of the corner of the road, Lamar revealed his weapon and fired down on the soldiers. Forcing them to duck jump back into the vehicle.

Y/N: "Mai, you're up."

Mai: "On it!"

Mai's drone flew past the car and dropped something in the air. It landed on the roof, a sticky bomb and watched it explode, taking out twenty men. A shot rang out, and I looked down at my shoulder, bleeding from a bullet, skimming the side of my shoulder. The remaining group of soldiers had found me.

Lamar: "I'm pinned down!"

With a groan, I threw the sniper rifle to the side and watched it take the bullets as I moved to the side, then glided down the side of the hill. Taking out my pistol and acted as cover fire.

Y/N: "Lamar, you need to move to the truck now!"

Lamar: "On it. Shit!!!"

Lamar darted to the truck as a stray bullet struck my shoulder, making me scream, forcing me to drop my pistol. Two men remained, and as I slid down to the ground, their rifles trained on me. Clutching my shoulder, the two looked at me.