Business Plans (Ch.19)

Lamar: "Nigga when we are going to do some shit?"

Y/N: "What are you talking about? We're looking at the items we got off the military... That's nothing?"

I looked over the weapons, picked up the shotgun we found, and quickly placed it on my shoulder. Eyeing the sights and shook my head, this weapon was lighter than the others. Also, it didn't require standard ammo; for some odd reason, this thing used gas canisters.

The same could be said for the STW Stun Launcher; it fires a small magnetic explosive. Much like a grenade launcher, instead of exploding and taking out enemies. It knocks out the targets by creating an electrical shock around the person. Able to take down ten men, at least that's what the folders on the weapons said.

Lamar: "Speaking of that, we got weapons... That don't hurt people. But knocks them out; why would we need this shit?"

Y/N: "Not every weapon needs to be a kill, someone. Although, this could probably kill a man up close."

I said, changing weapons to the stun gun that had actual electrical bullets. Lamar sighed, leaning back in his seat. In contrast, I loaded the gun and placed it on my hip. It was lighter than any regular pistol, but it doesn't get the distance my original offers. Probably keep it in the glove box after this.

Focusing on Lamar, he was looking at his phone. But wasn't reading a single message on his phone.

Y/N: "What's wrong, Lamar?"

Lamar: "Nah, it's nothin homie."

Y/N: "Humour me, you're not the same guy that tried to scare me on the street. So what can be so bad that it's got you like this?"

Lamar looked at me, then pocketed his phone. Then, turning back around, ready to leave, he spoke up.

Lamar: "It's Tonya."

Y/N: "The sick girl that stood in front of your apartment, she was with that guy... Mitch?"

Lamar: "Stretch."

Y/N: "That's the name."

Lamar looked to me and balled up his fists. Walking around the table that held all the weapons, he slammed both his hands down on the table. Then sighed.

Lamar: "OK, so... A while back, Stretch and Tonya asked what I was doing for you-"

It must've been obvious what I was about to say; Lamar spoke up.

Lamar: "Before you even ask, I told them I was helping out at a shop. Said you like me so much I was working with you, helping with paperwork and some shit. Mostly guard duty, you know, scare off the whites and some shit."

Y/N: "So what's the problem with Tonya?"

Lamar: "Tonya, I grew up with that girl. She isn't important to the story. Now, Stretch... He's an OG. His word is the law. He says, jump, I already jumping? You feel me."

I nodded and grabbed a seat, waiting for Lamar's response. Instead, he pinched the bridge of his nose and bit his bottom lip.

Lamar: "Stretch, can tell you're not who you say you are. Knows you're a racer."

Narrowing my eyes, Lamar shook his head.

Lamar: "You know what... I say anymore, and it can get me into some serious trouble dog. But fuck it, you the only mother fucker that got my back besides Franklin. Took a fucking bullet and said shit about it."

Lamar looked away as I carefully studied the apartment door, then the weapon on his waist.

Y/N: "What is it, Lamar?"