Jewellery Heist (Ch.6)

Day 46

It was about half-past eight in the morning, I was standing in front of the Ammu-Nation store. They've just opened up and I would've walked in a roundabout now. But, I was waiting for someone.

I kept glimpsing at my watch as I shake my head.

Y/N: "8: 50."

I looked at the road leading to my place and kept my sights on the road, expecting Lamar to show up in either his van or to see him walking down the street.

Y/N: 'He's not early. But he's not late either.'

The cashier walks up to me.

Cashier: "Um, are you going to buy something?"

I turn and see him pointing to the guns and the bulletproof vests. I shrug my shoulders.

Y/N: "Yeah, can I please get three of those bulletproof vests, I'll have a look at your stock in just a moment. I'm just waiting for a friend of mine is all."

Cashier: "Sure... Are you going to the range later on?"

I nod, holding the briefcase that was holding the Carbine Rifle and showed him my pistol. He nods and walks off. I turn back around to see Lamar's van, he had just parked and was stepping out.

Lamar: "You what's up homie."

I nod and quickly glimpse at my watch.

Y/N: "8: 56 am. You made it... Barely, but good morning."

He walks up to me holding his shotgun and laughing.

Lamar: "Oh come on, I made it on time. Besides you live right next door."

I shake my head as he hands me his pump-action shotgun. I study it for a moment taking notice of a few things.

Y/N: 'This thing is filthy. He doesn't know how to clean this thing... Not good. Not good at all.'

As I thought, but I knew I had to play along.

Y/N: "Impressive, you know how to shoot this?"

Lamar: "Of course, point and shoot."

I roll my eyes and he caught it.

Lamar: "But, ahh... You can show me something of course."

I nod and we walk into the shop, I handed the cashier the amount needed to enter the shooting range. This early in the morning we were the only ones there.

We took a spot and I placed my pistol on the table, Lamar did the same it. Both were 9mm.

Y/N: "Alright... I'm going to test you on accuracy. You'll be going first, then me."

Lamar: "OK cool."

I put the targets up and watched

Through the entire exercise, I was silent, not wanting to help Lamar and simply learn from him.

Lamar held his weapon like a gangster would and to the side, not surprised. He barely hit his targets and was certainly not meeting the 50, 40 or 30-meter mark unless it hit a target by accident. But it never hit the chest or head area. He only got a head shot once and that was the 10-meter mark.

When he finally finished the course he looked to me with a cheeky smile.

Lamar: "Top that!"

I nod tapping his back.

Y/N: "Good... This is good."

I wrote down his score and made a mental note.