Chapter 15: The Archives

Catrina

Stepping into the Archive room, Mark hits the lights. I don't think anyone thought this area would be so small. We are surrounded by several museums, the Smithsonian, and historical houses on every block, but there are only 2 average-sized rooms down here.

What if we are in the wrong place?

"Okay, Cat, you two check out that room and we will search the other," Mark says and then he takes Ally's hand.

Andy smiles and says, "Sounds good to me."

This room has many glass cases, and I hope one of them has what we need. We must find the Gremory Book and leave this place as soon as possible.

"I'll start with this end and you start on that side. Hopefully, we can find it a get out of here." I state and Andy nods.

Looking at the spines there are so many law books that I feel we are in the wrong spot.

Maybe they are having better luck than we are?

Scanning each hard-covered book, I see nothing that resembles the one we are searching for in this case.

Once we meet in the middle, he turns to me and we kiss. As Andy holds me tight, I feel these butterflies in my stomach. Whenever we are together, everything feels right, even when they are so wrong. Here we are, in the middle of a robbery, and I just can't get enough of this man.

"Um, guys... Did you not see that?" Ally says.

As we turn around to see what they are pointing at, the entire room is filled with red light. There is a separate case all by itself in the darkest corner of this room.

"No, I didn't. That was not lit up a minute ago." I say and walk towards it.

As we do, the light becomes dimmer.

When Andy takes my hand it comes to life again and this seems odd. Looking at him, I let his hand go, and it fades once more.

"That is freaky." Ally says, and I could not agree more.

As I reach for it, Andy yells, "Wait! Let me do it, Cat."

"Okay, but be careful," I reply.

We all step back as he moves in. The red glow has stopped, so I would assume it's harmless.

Breaking the glass case open, we all stop and look around, praying no one heard it as Ally catches the shards with her powers before the glass hits the ground.

As he reaches for the book, Ally sets the glass off to the side and out of the way.

Once he touches it, I see Andy become paralyzed, like Mira. As though he's being electrocuted.

"Oh, God!" I holler and then pull him away from the book.

I cry out, "Andy! Oh God, what is happening!"

His body convulses like he's having a seizure, and I hear Never Again.

Placing my hands on his chest, the book comes to life again, but I don't care. I start to say the words Luke used on me and then Mira.

Closing my eyes, we are bathed in my white light and Andy's body becomes a red flame. Fear takes hold of me, but this may be Andy's way of healing himself. Noticing that I don't feel the heat I pray for Andy and hold him to my chest. We are now surrounded and I cannot see Ally or Mark. It's just Andy and me and I hope that my light is healing him.