Chapter 9: Signs

Catrina

Feeling his eyes on me, I lay here with mine closed and try to think of what to say. At that exact moment, the flashes happen again. I see my father in tears, asking mom to come back to him. Then I picture my mother surrounded by darkness and hear my grandmother cry out in pain.

She screams, "To save Cece, You Must Go! Save the children. Go to D.C.! Save them all!"

Next, I see my father standing in the main field of grapevines. The earth is crumbling all around him and starts to fall away. The world is shaking so forcefully that he falls to his knees. Watching the vines being pulled into the earth, I panic and scream out to him. A second later I see my father fall into molten lava and hear his screams of pain as shudder at the sight before me. Then his body disappears forever.

A second later, I see his face again but know this is not my father. As he gets closer, I can feel the evil dripping off of him. He is surrounded by a black shadow that becomes many as he gets closer.

"My beautiful daughter, what a perfect bride you will be for our king." He says and then I see that same repulsive monster sitting on a golden throne with red flames burning behind him.

"Come to me." This awful gray thing, with black horns, says in a deep growl and I start to scream.

"Catrina! Come back to me!" I hear Andy shout, and this thing roars in anger.

He cries, "Please baby, I love you. Oh, God! I need her!"

"Please don't do this. Don't die on me!" He shouts and I feel this pain in my chest.

"Ella, help me! It's Cat, and it's bad!" Andy yells in pain.

Opening my eyes, I see Andy above me, and he's pushing on my chest.

"Oh Jesus, Oh God, Cat! You are not going to die on me today!"

Looking down, our eyes meet.

"Oh, you're back! Thank you! Oh, thank God!" He says while scooping me up and holding me tight.

I have no idea what is happening.

I ask, "Andy, what were you doing?"

"You had a seizure and then stopped breathing. Jesus, I have never been so scared in my life." He exclaims, then lays me back down.

He gets off the bed and starts pacing.

Andy looks at me and says, "Cat, you almost died!"

Ella runs in my door and she hollers, "What happened to her?"

"I don't know. All I did was open the adjoining door, and she was lying there. We barely said two words to each other and then she started shaking. I think Cat had a seizure! She stopped breathing, and I started CPR. Fuck, that was scary as hell." Andy says while still continuing to walk back and forth.

"I'm calling Luke." She says, and I shake my head no.

Grabbing the phone from her in a panic, I call our dad.

As the phone rings, she tries to ask me questions but I hold up my hand.

He answers on the first ring and I scream, "Daddy! Where are you?"

"Cat? What's wrong? I'm here at the ranch." He answers.

Standing straight up on the bed, I yell, "Get out of there now! Get Aunt Kelly and leave right this minute. I had a premonition, and if you stay, both of you will die."