Chapter 7: The Capitol

Catrina

Glancing over at the clock, I see it's 6:30 and we have to go. There is no time to discuss all of this right now.

"Andy, look at the time. We have to go down there. We will talk about this later." I say as he leans in for a kiss, but I back away.

Clear your mind.

He takes my hand and kisses it.

Andy whispers, "You will be mine one day."

Looking at him, I'm shocked by his words and turn to walk out the door. He follows behind, carrying my suitcase, and I just focus on the stairs in front of me.

Reaching the last step, Ella looks at me and asks, "Is everything alright?"

I nod as she then turns her gaze to him.

"I'll be right back. Just have to grab my things." Andy says as we all place our suitcases together at the door.

Uncle Todd kisses Aunt Kelly goodbye and then turns to us.

He says, "Solomon got held up at the office, so he's still in D.C. and will send an agent to pick us up."

Abe puts his hands around my sister's waist and says, "Why is that? I thought everything was good now."

"Oh, this is for Avery, not my mom. He will just be taking us to the hotel." Ella states, and we all nod at once.

Yup, that wasn't too noticeable.

Andy is now beside me and says, "Okay, I just talked to Avery, and he can't wait to see all of us. Does everyone have what they need?"

He looks at me and I just walk over to stand next to my sister.

Keep your thoughts clear.

Andy looks at me strangely, and then we hear Luke and Mallory coming down the stairs. She has her coat on and is dragging her suitcase, as my brother looks mad as hell.

Looks like Mallory is coming after all.

Dad says, "Um, Luke, I did not get her a ticket."

"She called the airlines and got one herself. It's all set, dad, and thank you." He says as Mallory stands next to the front door.

This is going to be fun.

Looking at my Aunt Lori, she walks over to the door as well, and I think she's been crying.

Walking up to her, I ask, "Is everything alright?"

"No, I can't get a hold of Brooke. Not since we arrived and I'm worried about her." She answers.

Josh looks at all of us and says, "She's probably working and turned her phone off. Come on Sweetheart, let's get in the van."

The two of them walk out the door with Mallory, and Luke just shakes his head. He follows them outside as well, and then Ella and Abe leave too.

"Goodbye dad and remember to eat. There is a lot of food in the refrigerator, so don't forget." I say as he hugs me tight.

Dad whispers, "Promise to be careful, little one."

"I will," I reply.

He adds, "I love you so much, and call me when you land. Oh, I put Andy next to you on the plane, just in case... You know."

"It happened one time, and I was a child. I won't have a panic attack, dad." I reply as he looks at Andy and nods.

Great.