Chapter 4: Dream

Cecelia

Waiting to hear my daughter say something more, yet nothing happens. Then, looking around at all these people I created in my mind, I worry it was me who caused that to happen.

It sounded like Cat, but maybe it wasn't real.

"That sounded real to me, my lady," Talion says while taking my hand.

I reply, "If you were real, I'd believe you, but you're not, dear husband."

Mom walks over and says, "Well, I am, and that was my granddaughter's voice. We broke through and now we need to reach the rest of our coven."

"What? No, we are not contacting them. Good God, Mother! They may be the ones who put us in here." I exclaim.

What is going on with her? Mom has never been this outspoken.

She looks at me in confusion and says, "Who are you talking about?"

"You know, the others... The Catalysts. Whoever they are." I say, and she giggles.

With a smile, mom says, "No, my sweet daughter. They are all gone now. I'm talking about the coven you and your sisters created."

Everyone stops and looks at my mom.

"Luke, Ella, and Cat! Also, Andy and Ally... and Avery and Brooke! My darling, you all birthed the next generation of Catalysts." Mom states, and I'm stunned.

Seeing this, she continues, "Did you think only your children were given gifts? Well, you could not be more wrong. They all have abilities, my dear."

"Are you serious?" I say, in total confusion.

She nods and goes to the whiteboard.

Grabbing the marker, she writes it all out. I'm shocked.

"Oh, Mira Garcia, our viticulturist is a Green Witch who can craft spells and read minds

"Oh, Mira Garcia, our viticulturist is a Green Witch who can craft spells and read minds. Add her to the list, mom." I say as she nods and smiles.

Stepping back, she says, "Now that is a powerful coven."

Each time she says the word, I cringe.

"You need to step up and become the leader of these witches. They will need your guidance. Now that I'm gone, you must take my place, daughter." She says, and I'm dumbfounded.

I ask, "How did you know about them? Did the kids come to you?"

"Sometimes they would confide in me, but often I could just sense their powers. If a witch was nearby, I could feel them, unless they blocked me. Again, it's like a gift, but one that comes as you get older. I could see their auras and know what type they were. Cecelia, you are now their High Priestess and you need to accept this as fact." My mother states.