Chapter 16: Joining Together

Cecelia

Once Luke hangs up his phone, I see the uneasy look on his face. We all wait to see what he says, and I'm worried.

"Well, that was Mallory, and they want Andy and Cat to meet them at the Lincoln Memorial with the book." He states, and I can see the storm brewing in his eyes.

Luke adds, "But, how do they know we went after the book today?"

That must mean there is someone still on the inside telling them our plan. Who is their mole? Someone here can't be trusted, but who and how do we find this out... Avery.

"Mira, tell them we need Avery to come back here," I state.

She nods and says, "Your mother wants Avery to return."

Luke says, "Okay, but why, mom?"

"She has her reasons and I would listen to her," Mira adds.

He nods and takes the phone out of his pocket.

Talking with my nephew, Avery agrees to come back to Kelly's house once he is able.

This is torture for me. There is no way to keep them safe when I don't even have a physical form. Part of me wonders what they are doing to my body, but I'm trying not to think about that right now.

"Hey Mira, I just thought of something. If Mallory has been here with us and Abe came to the house too, then I wonder who has my body? Maybe I should try to rejoin with it while they are busy meeting with Cat." I say to her.

She whispers, "Should we discuss this with the others?"

"I don't know if we can trust everyone here," I reply.

Mira then asks, "How did you return to it the last time?"

"Have Ella meet us in the den," I say as she nods.

Entering the room, Ella asks, "What's up?"

Mira answers, "Your mom had an epiphany. If Mallory and Abe are not using her body, then she wants to see if she can rejoin with it and possibly escape."

"That makes sense, but how do we do it?" My daughter asks.

She answers for me, "Well, we don't know, but there have been many movies written about it."

"Okay, let's try," Ella says.

Standing there, my daughter looks at Mira and waits.

I then say, "I don't know how."

Mira says, "Just step into her body, and maybe that will work."

"Try it, mom. Maybe if we join together, our combined power will get you there." She says and I agree.

It worked with mom.

"Okay, let's try it out," I say and then move in closer to my daughter.

She holds her hands out, and when I mimic her stance, I feel myself attach.

This is the strangest feeling I've ever had.

Then, suddenly, I can see what she sees, and this seems so unnatural.

"Mom, did it work?" Ella asks.

I reply, "I'm not sure... Ella, try out your powers."

As her powers come to life, I can feel the intensity.

Well, she can hear me.

I ask, "Have you always been this powerful?"

"No, this is definitely different, mom. I feel really full of electricity." She answers.

Watching her light grow brighter makes me a little nervous.

I exclaim, "Hey, let's see if I can go outside! I don't think we should test you out in the house."

Ella Answers, "Yup, I totally agree. I've never felt such power."

Oh God, maybe this was a bad idea.