Chapter 11: The One

Catrina

Looking at my grandmother's will, we all sit at the kitchen table and try to figure out our next step. Whoever has possessed my mother's body, stole the Et Mater Geminos painting from the Capitol Archives, not the Smithsonian like reported. Solomon informed us that it was scheduled to be shipped from the Archives to the Vatican today, so someone inside must be involved.

Every time someone's phone rings, we all jump, but still no one has heard from my father or Aunt Kelly. The waiting is unbearable, but I have to believe they both made it out in time. Uncle Todd, Solomon, and the agents are in the living room talking with Andy, Mig, Jaxon, and Avery. They are making calls and trying to find out any information to help our family.

Andy keeps looking at me, but I'm just so embarrassed that I cannot speak to him. The entire drive over, neither one of us said a word to each other. I have a feeling Andy is now freaked out by my dream and the fact that I'm willing to consider a relationship with him.

"Cat, your mom wants to know if you are alright?" Mira asks for my mother.

Looking in the general area, I reply, "I'm fine, mom. Well, as good as I can be with everything going on."

Ella takes my hand, and she squeezes it gently. Together we make a little spark, and she smirks at me.

"Hey, where is Abe?" Luke asks my sister.

She glances over at him and says, "At that conference."

"Your mom wants to know who Abe is and what conference?" Mira asks for my mother.

Ella clears her throat and answers, "Well Mom, I started dating someone. His name is Abe McCoy, and he's a very intelligent man who owns Bio-Tech industries, where I work. We have been together for 6 months now and I care for him a great deal."

Watching the pencil come to life, I have a feeling Ella is about to get the third degree.

What is he like? Do you love him? Does he treat you well? What does he look like? Will he be joining us? Does he know about us? Your powers? Does he know I'm missing?

"Wow mom, you're going to need a new pencil soon. Can we talk about him later?" Ella asks and that is never going to fly.

Mom then writes, Come with me into the den.

Ella stands up. She rolls her eyes at me and then shoots Luke a look.

"Sorry, Ella." Our brother says as she walks past and ignores him.

Glancing out into the living room, Andy is staring at me again, so I quickly look away.

Mira comes over and takes a seat.

She whispers, "Just so you know, I spoke to your mom about us and how I would rather not discuss you with her. You are my friend and she does not need to know your inner thoughts."

"Thank you, Mira. The last thing I need is for her to question me like she does Ella." I say, and she nods.

I add, "Um... I do need a favor, and if you don't want to, I understand. Some stuff went down with Andy at the hotel, and I'm worried that I did something..."

"Cat, I know he cares for you a great deal. That whatever happened at the Hotel has him spinning, but now he has hope for the two of you." Mira whispers with a smile.

Hearing this, I reply, "Oh Mira, you don't know how much better I feel. Things got a little weird, and I said some things. Stuff that I didn't mean to say, and I was worried about what he thought. Thank you! Thank you so much. You're a wonderful friend."