Prologue

Cecelia

Catastrophe: an event causing great and often sudden damage or suffering.

As the front door opens, I stand up from the couch and go to confront Catrina. She went out tonight with a boy that I dislike and had the guts to pull in 2 hours late.

And after I warned her.

"Where have you been? You're late Catrina and we talked about this." I exclaim and then see the tears in her stormy green eyes.

Cat whispers as the tears fall, "I'm sorry, mom. We broke up and I won't be seeing him again."

My daughter runs to me and I wrap her in my arms.

"What happened?" I ask as my anger fades and turns to sympathy.

She shakes her head.

"Baby? Tell mom." I whisper, and she lets me go.

She then heads for the stairs, as a leaf falls to the floor.

Cat replies, "I don't want to talk about it. Goodnight mom... I am sorry for being late."

"Catrina, the back of your sweater is all dirty," I state as the wheels start turning.

She looks back and says, "Oh, I dropped it on the ground. I'll put it in the hamper."

Glancing upstairs, my mother is now there, in her pink nightgown. Her long white hair is in disarray and mom's green eyes look black.

Seeing her appear out of nowhere shocks both of us.

"You were given a gift, Catrina. A powerful gift. Do not look a gift horse in the mouth." She says sternly.

Cat replies, "No, grandmother, I will not. I'm sorry if I woke you."

"He is NOT the one for you," Mom says even louder.

My daughter answers, "No, he's definitely not."

The house begins to shake and Mom roars, "NEVER AGAIN!"

Sitting straight up in bed, I look at my husband, who is sound asleep. Placing my hand on my chest, my heart is racing, and I need to calm down. Glancing down at my hands, they are glowing, and I feel prickly all over.

Slipping out of bed, without waking him up, I step into the bathroom to splash some cold water on my face.

That was so real. Oh, tomorrow is the anniversary of her death. I must be missing my mother.

Drying off, I turn to hang up the towel and feel someone up against me.

"Jesus! Talion... You just scared the hell out of me." I exclaim.

In the mirror, he smiles, then turns out the light, and wraps his arms around my waist. Pulling me to him, he kisses my neck. As his hands caress my body, I calm down and enjoy everything he is doing to me. Taking it to the next level, I turn around and he picks me up. Setting me on the cool, hard, marble vanity, my husband goes back to kissing my neck and then moves lower.

Talion is ravenous tonight, and this is just what I need.

He places my leg over his shoulder, and I know what is coming next.

I'm a very lucky woman. This man of mine knows just how to relax me, and I'm ready to let everything go.

"Yes, my love. Oh, that feels so good." I whisper.

While removing my negligee over my head and he is suddenly everywhere. Each erogenous zone is sensing his touch as he bites, suckles, and penetrates me all at once. Unable to see, I'm immediately overcome as he pushes me further.

When Talion gets more enamored, the pace becomes so fast that I can barely keep up with my husband.

This is wrong, something is wrong.

Feeling other hands on me. Three, maybe four... I realize there are people here with us, and I panic. Now several hands are pulling on me, touching, probing, and grabbing at me roughly from every angle. They are under and above me and I can't breathe.

I cry out, "Talion, what is happening?"

"You're getting just what you need, my lady." He whispers.

When he says this, I feel even more bodies surrounding me.

"This isn't right... You need to stop!" I shout, but I'm ignored.

He whispers, "Do you like this, my lady?"

"My lady?"

"My lady?"

"My Lady?"

"My Lady?"

The words echo in my ears and I feel as if I'm being driven mad. There are too many sensations and I cannot control what is happening all around me here in the darkness.

I need to focus. I need my power, but I can't concentrate.

"You're alright, Cece. Just enjoy." He whispers as they slow.

"Enjoy."

"Enjoy!"

"Yes, enjoy!"

"ENJOY!"

The words reverberate out into the dark. They are everywhere and pick up the pace again.

I'm too overwhelmed to think.

As I'm pulled and pushed, I can't take much more, and I feel myself drifting in and out of consciousness.

I can't... I just can't...

"Sleep, my lady." He whispers.

"Sleep."

"Sleep."

"Sleep, my lady."

"SLEEP!"

Waking up, I ache all over and I'm still in total darkness. What went on awakens me further, and immediately I crawl backward in terror of what might happen next. Feeling the wet, cold, slimy floor, I get into a fetal position and cry. Wrapping my arms around me, I no longer feel anyone is here with me, but I'm horrified.

It's happening again... Why now, after 20 years? Oh God, Catrina!

"CATRINA!" I scream out.