Chapter 2: Solitude

Cecelia

Not knowing how long I've been here. I decide to make some changes to my surroundings. Standing up, I picture my long red winter coat. Zipping up the parka, my matching snow boots appear on my feet. As I rub my arms to get warm, I visualize our living room. The fire is roaring in the fireplace, and I can feel the heat from the burning logs.

Glancing over at the couch, I grab the tan fleece blanket and take a seat on our sectional. Laying the blanket across my lap, I get myself comfortable. Then, turning on the end table light, I start to feel more at home.

Realizing that I have the power to do this, I then turn all our lights on and see something scurrying away into the shadows.

"Find it... Find the key to set yourself free."

What the hell was that? Shit!

My eyes get bigger as I scan the area for God knows what.

"You will never be free without the key." The voice says as it drifts off into the darkness.

What key?

Sitting here, I keep watch and hold myself even tighter.

Who or what is doing this to me?

"The last time it was Dan, I believed, but then again, might have been Eisha. Shit, I still don't know who took me even back then." I whisper to myself.

Lilith helped me, and doing so I could annoy Dan to the point where I could see what was really going on. It had to have been Dan, right? What key?

Visualizing Talion, he suddenly appears, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Shit! Get away from me!" I scream and jump off the couch.

As he stares into my eyes, I get a sense of calm.

He says, "Cece, I'm not really here, my lady. You are doing this, baby."

"Oh... Right... Okay. Now I need Catrina." I say and then picture her as well.

My daughter emerges, sitting on the other side of me.

"Hey mom, this place is weird." She says as I hug her tight to my chest.

Ella then arrives with Luke and they both join us on the couch. I know this is all in my mind, but we all huddle together and I feel their warmth.

After a few minutes of snuggling, we all let go and I look at my family.

Standing up, I say to them, "I know you are not really here, but I need something from each one of you. Talion, I need your strength and patience. Ella, your heart and determination. Luke, your fight and soul. Cat, I will need your love and support."

They all nod, and I feel a little better.

Yes, this is all in my mind, but at least I have a team, and not just Lilith, to help me.

Luke says, "You know grandma Lilith was a big help last time. Maybe you could bring her in as well."

"True, and my mom too," I say to them.

As they appear, I see my mother in her chair knitting and then Lilith arrives, standing at the dining room table.

Mom says to me, "Cece, what are you doing here?"

"I don't know, Mom," I reply.

Lilith looks at me and asks, "What has Dan done now? Should we cook up something he will hate?"