Chapter 10: Enlightenment

Cecelia

Waiting for our family to arrive, I'm champing at the bit to see my children, nieces, and nephews. When I think of Andy, I picture Dan's face and what he said to me. If Talion were here, he would tell me not to believe anything I saw, but this will be hard to do without my husband by my side.

Oh God, please let them be alright. I can't lose him or my sister. Dan did this. I know he did. Just like with Cat, that bastard was playing games with her. I saw that smirk as he laid in bed with Ella. I will end him this time or die trying. When will he just let us go?

"Cece, it looks like they are arriving," Lori says as she looks around the room.

Feeling a little uneasy about this, I write, Let's just wait until they all arrive, and then we will try to explain what is happening to me. They will have a hard enough time with the news.

She reads this and says, "Okay Cece, whatever you think. Just give me a sign."

OK

Hopping up on the kitchen counter, I wait to see the ones I love and finally know for sure that they are safe.

The first to enter is Luke and then Mallory, followed by Ally and Ella. After that, I'm thrilled to see Mig, Jaxon, and Mira.

It does my heart good to see them all and to know they are safe here with us. Wait, where are Cat and Andy?

I write on the paper, Cat, and Andy?

"I don't know yet, but I'll ask," Josh whispers.

He adds, "Solomon just pulled up too."

As they enter, all the kids look upset and worried. I'm glad to see that Talion sent our friends with them. Knowing he is watching over the kids for us makes me feel much better.

"What's going on? We were on our way to see Brooke when they turned the car around." Luke says, and this is going to hit him hard.

Todd puts his arm around Ally and hugs her as Solomon walks in. He looks at Luke and shakes his hand.

"Luke, Mig, and Jaxon, it's good to see you. Hello Ella." Solomon says and then he hugs her.

He adds, "Hey Ally... Mira, I'm so glad you are here with us."

I've never seen Solomon look so anxious before.

Todd says to the kids, "Listen, I have a lot to talk to you all about, so let me finish before you start asking questions."

Looking at all of them he adds, "There was a terrible earthquake in California. Now your Talion and your mom made it to the airport. They checked in, but we don't know what happened after that."

Ella drops to her knees as Luke rubs his face. Then he grabs Mallory and holds her. Ally immediately starts sobbing as her dad holds her tight. I watch in horror as my family falls apart and there is nothing I can do to help them now.

Jaxon kneels down with Ella and he put his arm around her. Then Mig puts his hand on Luke and then Jaxon's shoulders as he starts to pray. Lori's holding Josh and then they pull Mira to them so that she not alone. Seeing my family hold together with love, I join them even though they don't know I'm here.

For a moment there is silence, except for tears and sobs. We lost a lot of friends today and I pray to God our family is safe.

This is so painful and I want to console them, but I can't...