Chapter 28

Michael's P.O.V

After making love to my Angel, she runs to the bathroom. She does her business and saunters out, looking so beautiful with the moon's spotlight on her. She rushes into the bed and cuddles close to me hoping to warm up. I take her slender hand that is tracing my chest, and intertwine our fingers. She cuddles herself closer to me, to the point where her head is on my chest. 

I internally let out a sigh of content. Despite being robbed, my life had been absolutely amazing. My Angel makes my life worth it, I have never been happier. 

I love her. This amazing girl gives me butterflies. She makes me want to skip up and down, and yell that she is mine. She makes me feel wanted, and unique. She likes all my little quirks, and never makes fun of me or tells me to change. I love her with every fiber of my body. 

I knew that she is my endgame. She is who I want to spend the rest of my life with, and who I want to grow old with. After I saw her at my parents' house, I knew that fate was bringing us together, so I went to a jewelry store, and bought an engagement ring. I knew I was going to ask her to marry me soon, so I went and got it engraved. 

My heart starts to beat faster at the thought of Annie and I married. Annie pregnant with swollen feet and a glow on her face. I can already imagine having a soccer team of kids or at least two, depending on how she feels. My heart swells at the thought of a mini me and Annie. Annie's voice brings me out of my trance. She asks if I am okay. 

"Yeah, yeah, I am okay," I respond. Come on Michael, just tell her that you love her. It is the perfect time. I sit up straight and get her to look into my eyes. "Actually, I want to talk to you about something."

I tell her that we have been dating for a few months, and living together. I explain that my affection has grown greater and greater, with the more time we spend. I don't want to scare her, so I reassure her that she doesn't have to reply. Just as I gather the courage to tell her I love her, my phone rings. 

This one phone call has my whole world crushing down. My phone slips out of my hand. My girlfriend, whom I was about to confess my love to, was the person who put together this whole scheme. 

I turn towards her looking flabbergasted. I accuse her, and she tries to cover up by saying she was going to tell me. I stomp towards my side table and throw the engagement ring I was about to give her. She tells me that I should trust her because she loves me. 

"Annie, a mere two minutes ago, I would've died to hear you say you love me. But don't you understand, I don't love you anymore," I respond with a still face, but knife in my heart digs deeper with my words. 

I tell her to get dressed, so we can talk. I walk into the bathroom with my clothes, I shut the door. I place my fist against the door and start to cry silently. God, I love her so much. No matter how serious this is, I don't want her in jail. Maybe she can just make back all the money by working. Maybe we can work this through, it is just a little bump in the road. Who am I kidding? This is serious; we are never getting back together. Maybe I need to think. I am one hundred percent sure that I do not want to see her in jail. We will part ways, and she will give me everything back.

I whisper, "My Angel."

I scoff. My nickname for her is so far from the truth. I still can't believe she did this to me. I look up at myself in the mirror and splash cold water on my face to reduce the redness around my eyes. I put on my clothes, and walk out of the room only to see that it is empty. I run outside knowing she probably left. I see that she is in a car fleeing. I call out her name, but the car starts to speed down the street. 

I stand in the middle of the road and yell, "Shit!"

I go up to my room, and remove all traces of Annie. I angrily grab the trash can from my bathroom. I throw all the picture frames I have of her, her clothes, and my clothes that she wore. I roughly pull off the sheets off the bed, and throw them in my hamper to be washed. Just as I make my way to my side table, my eyes catch the ring box. I bet she took the ring. How could I be so stupid to leave it out?

I open the box, and stumble surprised that the ring is still here. I notice she left her phone and left a letter. I pick up the letter and more tears arise as I read word for word.

Annie might have been the best thing in my life.

Present (2 years later)

I shoot up and gasp for air. I feel the spot next to me and see that is cold. I reach over to my side table, and open the drawer. I dig through searching for a specific item. Once my hand reaches a crisp piece of paper, I let out a sigh. 

I open the letter and read it for nth time. I fold it back and hold it to my chest. I close my eyes and concentrate on my heart beat. I still feel my heart ache after two years. My love for her was pure and true; people die looking their whole lives for that kind of love. At times like this, I wish I never met Annie that way I wouldn't know how much it hurts when the person you love betrays you. 

But then again, I cherish and love to remember all my good times with her. I secretly still have her pictures on my laptop, so I can look at her whenever I want. She gave every last penny back to me and more. I wish I could go back and talk to her calmly. It would've taken us time, but we could've solved this ourselves without the heartache. 

Arms wrap around my shoulders from behind me. I slowly open my eyes, "Hey baby. You okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just the usual nightmare," I sigh as I lie. 

"Babe," she says calmly. I internally cringe at the nickname. "I really do think you should see a therapist about these dreams. It must be hard having your parents die at such a young age, but maybe talking to someone may help."

"Maybe," I respond sleepily. 

I look down to her left hand, and see the familiar silver ring. I close my eyes tightly to avoid tears from falling, I let out another sigh with a heavy heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote, Follow, and Comment. Every bit of feedback is taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys 💛