Chapter 20

Annie's P.O.V

"Wake up! Wake up!" Somebody yells as they shake me.

I groan, "What?"

"Get up!"

I peer my eyes open and see Mike hovering over me worried. I shoot up and say, "Are you okay? Why do you look worried?"

"Somebody robbed my house. Are you hurt? Did they touch you? Any cuts?" Mike asks quickly.

"What?" I look at my arms. "I don't see any cuts. I'm fine, but are you?"

"Yes, as long as you are fine," Mike says as he hugs me tightly.

"What about all your things?" I ask.

"It's okay. I can replace everything. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Are you hurt?" I ask frantically.

"No," he shakes his head side to side. "No."

"Okay, that's good. You're not hurt. But, are you sure you don't care about that stuff?"

"No, it's okay," he pauses. "Well I do care. But, I got the police station working on it. But, you have the honor of accompanying me to write down a list of everything that was stolen."

"Okay, I'll help," I say. "But, can we eat breakfast first?"

"Yes."

I laugh, "Or did the food get stolen too?"

Mike gives me a stern look, his lip slightly quirking up. He leans down and kisses my lips. I kiss his lips back. I can't help but feel guilty for doing this to Mike, but I just keep kissing him. He picks me up and takes me downstairs. He places me on the counter and grabs a bowl. He put cereal in a bowl and then some milk.

"Here you go, Angel," he says.

"Thank you, Honey!"

"You sound like a grandma when you say that, so that would make me a grandpa. Can you call me something else?"

"Darling, babe, dude, Daddy," I say calmly. He hums. "So which one do you like the best?"

"The last one is definitely the best."

I snort, "I am not calling you 'Daddy', Mike. Why don't you choose a nickname for yourself? What about Devil? You call me Angel and I can call you Devil. But, you're such a softie and cutie, you can never be a Devil."

"What about you call me anything you want in whatever moment," he says. "You can call me darling, love, babe, Daddy anyone you want, I don't care. But, I hate dude and honey."

I laugh, "Okay! You are the best Mike, you are so sweet."

I continue to eat my cereal as Mike stares at me as he sips his coffee.

"Stop looking at me like that," I mumble with my mouth full.

"You look very hot, Angel," he says calmly.

I blush, "Yes, very hot with a rat's nest for hair and morning breath."

Mike walks towards me slowly. He stands in between my legs and takes my bowl of cereal away from me. Grabbing both my hands and intertwining them with his fingers.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met, baby," Mike says.

I blush because this is the first time, he's called me 'baby' and he called me 'the most beautiful girl' he's met.

"That's hard to believe. You are the hottest guy I have ever laid eyes on. How can I be the most beautiful girl you have seen?"

"You have the most beautiful eyes, nose, lips, cheeks, ears," he says kissing each facial feature. "You have a beautiful neck."

He kisses my neck and I laugh at how it tickles.

"You have the most beautiful heart," he says. "I would kiss where you heart is, but... you know."

He laughs. I can't help but think of what he is saying. I'm lying to him, I just stole from him and he doesn't know I am the mastermind behind it. I feel like crying, he trusts me and I'm lying. I'm usually so good at not getting attached, but there is something about Mike.

"Are you okay?" Mike asks. "You zoned out."

I was about to answer but a phone rings. Mike hold up one finger as he goes to get it. Saved by the bell, I was worried I would burst into tears. Mike rushes back into the room.

"Somebody stole money from my bank account. They must of gotten my credit card information. They stole millions of my money. I am almost broke now. Almost all of the money was my parents. They gave it to me in their will and I have been saving it for Evie. School costs a lot of money, her entire schooling costs $1 million in total for all 4 years. I make enough money to get Evie and me by each year, but it's not enough money for Evie," Mike sighs in frustration.

"Mike, I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do? I am living here for free right now, I'll get a job and pay you," I ramble.

"No, Angel, no. You don't need to pay me. I will figure it out. The police station is trying to track where the money went. But, it seems to be a dead-end. A fake account because there is no such person under the name of the account that lives in the country."

"Are you sure Mike? I can help. I have some money in my bank account from my parents," I lie. The money is from gang work.

"No, it's okay Angel. Trust me, I have it covered. My men are working on it," Mike says. "So, why don't you finish your cereal and then we will work on finding out what has been stolen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a while since I've updated. Hope you guys enjoy the update.

Please Vote, Follow, and Comment. Every bit of feedback is taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys 💛