Chapter 18

Annie's P.O.V

"Here are the keys," Mike says. "I'll be gone for two days. There is food in the fridge, but if you don't want to cook, there are flyers beside the phone. So you can pick any one and there is my credit card too, so just tap it at the place. Oh, and if there is an emergency, there is an list of----"

"Mike! It's okay, you have told me this a million times," I exclaim.

Mike's cheeks turned pink. "I just want to make sure you are fine."

"Thanks Mike, it means a lot."

Mike picks up his bag, "Bye Angel."

I stand on my tippy-toes and try to reach Mike's head. Mike silently chuckles at me and leans his head down. I peck his lips.

"Bye Mike," I whisper.

Mike walks out of the door and makes his way to his car door. He looks back at me and waves. I wave back at him. As soon as his car drives out of the driveway and onto the road, I close the door. I sigh, thinking of what I should do. I sit on the couch and scroll through the movies. I decide to watch Hot Fuzz, hoping it will bring my spirits up.

I grab my phone from beside me and make a call.

"Hello."

"Hey Willow! How are you?" I ask.

"I'm good. How about you? How's the hotel?" She asks.

"I'm okay. The hotel was amazing but I think Chad is after me. I went into my room a few days ago and there was a dead body with a note saying, 'I'm coming for you'," I say. "Also, he might be taking money out of our bank account. I want you to check that."

"Okay. Where are you right now?" Willow asks.

"Well remember that cop from a few weeks ago," I say. Willow hums. "He let me stay in his house."

"Annie! How could you do that?" She exclaims. "You better have a good reason."

"Uh uh," I say nervously.

"Is he rich?"

"Umm... yeah I guess so," I say.

"We can rob him," she says.

"He doesn't have any valuables," I say. "I checked."

"Credit card info maybe," Willow says.

"He just left so there is no way I could get that," I lie.

"Oh well, maybe next time. I just checked our bank account and Chad has been taking large sums of money out."

"Has he come back to the gang house?"

"No. But he visited Lance."

"Okay, I think I need to break up with him and we need to kick him out of the gang."

"Yeah, I agree. But come home soon and we can have a meeting," Willow says.

"Good idea. But I don't think I'll come home soon. Maybe in a week or two."

"Okay. Take your time and bye Annie. Love you."

"Bye, love you too."

I hang up and sigh. Would I actually rob Mike's house? He's too kind. I couldn't. Right?

I walk to the kitchen and grab a pamphlet. I choose an Indian restaurant's and I call.

"Hi, can I get a chicken curry and some naan?"

I hang up and wait for the doorbell to ring. After 10 minutes the doorbell rings and I grab the food. While I'm grabbing a plate from the kitchen, my phone rings.

"Hello," I say.

"Hi Angel."

"Mike! You called."

"Well yes. I was missing you."

I smile at how cute he is, "Well I miss you too. What are you doing right now?"

"I just finished a police course. They make you take us to take them so we up to date," Mike says. "What are you doing?"

"I just ordered Indian food. I haven't eaten it yet, so I can't tell you it's good," I rumble. "Wait a minute, you just got there and they already made you do a course. That's rude!"

Mike laughs, "Angel, calm down. It's just work, I'll be back before you know it."

"I know, but I miss you."

"I miss you too. I have to go now, they are calling me."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up and put my phone down. I sit on the couch and sigh. I grab my food and eat in silence. I haven't live on my own in a while and I'm bored. Ever since Mike came into my life everything has been turned upside down for the better. I figured out Chad is manipulative and how a boyfriend should really treat you.

Wait a minute, did I just call Mike my boyfriend? He's just a job. I am only doing this so we don't get caught. Right? Oh no I must be falling for him. I can't he's a cop and I'm a criminal. Okay I know what I have to do to get rid of this stupid crush.

I grab my phone and dial the number, "Hey! I'm in."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think Annie is getting herself into? 🤔

Please Vote, Follow, and Comment. Every bit of feedback is taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys 💛