Chapter 30

Michael's P.O.V

"We are gathered here today," the priest says.

I tune him out and look at Willow in front of me in her white dress. I can feel my heart pounding in my ears. I had always imagined Annie by my side at this moment. I look into the crowd and see my little boy, Holden. The child the love of my life gave me.

"Michael," Willow says while waving a hand in front of my face, breaking me out of my daydream. "Are you okay, honey?"

I nod my head. Willow nudges her head towards the priest. "Mr. Owen, please repeat after me. I-"

"I," I repeat. As the priest goes on, I repeat after him hesitantly with each word. I look back at Holden, and I swear I see Annie by the door at the back. I think I may be hallucinating.

"Do you, Michael Owen, take Willow Thompson as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I," I stutter. I look back at the door and still see Annie. I feel my heart in my stomach. I feel like I am about to throw up.

"Are you okay?" Willow asks.

I gag, "I think I'm going to throw up."

"Sorry everyone," Willow announces. "Michael is feeling a bit sick right now. He must have drank too much last night." Everyone in the crowds laughs. "Please give him a short break, and we will get back to the ceremony."

I run towards the door. I still see Annie, but she now has a worried smile. "Are you okay, Mike?"

I can't tell what is real. Is it Annie? I don't stop at the door; I continue to the bathroom. I throw up in the toilet. I feel a warm hand on my back rubbing in circles. "Mike," a voice says. "Are you okay? Do you need medicine?"

It's Annie. She looks so real. I look over my shoulder and reach up to her face. I touch her soft skin.

"Annie," I whisper. I feel a cold sweat break on my forehead. "Are you real?"

"Yes, Silly," she giggles. Oh how I miss her laugh.

"I thought you were dead," I stutter out.

"Dead? Why would you ever think that?" She asks.

"Holden told me you were in the sky. I assumed that was heaven," my voice waivers.

"He meant sky as in I was taking a flight. I was coming to visit my family, after what you told me all those years ago, and for your wedding?"

"My wedding? I never sent an invitation," I say quietly. "I didn't even know where you were?"

"Well," Annie starts. "Willow has been my friend since we were teenagers."

"Angel," I say. Silence forms between us at the term of endearment. "I forgive you. I do not care for what you did. I wish I could go back and fix everything. Then, we could have been here in this moment but with you walking down the aisle."

Annie's eyes fill with tears. "Well, you are marrying Willow and that is how it is to be. You can't back out now. After you're wedding, I will be out of your hair."

"No," I shout madly. Annie looks at me with wide eyes. I start to cry, "I don't want you gone. I want you by my side, together. I want grow old together. I want to raise Holden. I want to have more kids. I want to be together till the end of time."

Annie looks at me in tears. "I wouldn't want it any other way, but we can't do that to Willow."

"I'm breaking it off. I don't care what the others say," I say as I get up. I quickly wash my face and hands, and exit the bathroom. I start to walk back to the room when I see Willow coming towards the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all! It's been a while since I've updated this story. I'll be updating this from now on, but the updates will be slow.

Please Vote, Follow, and Comment. Every bit of feedback is taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys 💛