Chapter 12

Annie's P.O.V

The door slowly opens and I hear a deep husky voice.

"Hey Macy!" I look up to see a blond with green eyes. I look at Macy and see her blush. Ohhhhh, someone has a crush. "And, you are?"

"Annie. What's your name?"

"Elijah," he says while still looking at Macy. 

They both seem to be in a daze. I decide to just walk in. I am immediately hit with the smell of pumpkin pie. I look around and see a spiral staircase. This place is definitely bigger on the inside than out. I look for people, but for some reason I can't find anyone. 

"Hey, are you lost?" 

I turn around to look at the person who says that. I see an older lady that is about my height. She looks about 5'2, red hair and green hair. 

I respond, "Umm... yes. I'm came with Macy, but she kinda distracted at the door."

"Oh! You're her friend! She told me all about you. I'm Liz," she says. "Also, she must be distracted with Elijah. She's had a crush on him since she was 3, but don't tell her brother"

"Oh I can tell," I tease. "They're gazing into each other eyes. It's going to take awhile till we see either of them."

She laughs. "Okay, come with me. Everybody is outside."

I follow her outback to her backyard. They're backyard looks beautiful. They have a deck, a swimming pool, and a beautiful vegetable garden. There are string fairy lights stringing along the entire backyard. I see a man that looks like Macy's dad laughing. He has blond hair, and brown eyes. Liz guides me to her husband.

"Honey, this is Annie. She's Macy's friend," Liz says.

"Hello Annie. My name's James, you can call me 'pops' or 'James', like all the other kids," he says with a smile. "This is our son Charlie, and of course you already know Macy. Our other son is on his way."

Charlie is a replica of James, but he has Liz's eyes. I give him a little smile. He smile back and pats the sit beside him. I go and sit beside him.

"I'm Charlie," he says. 

"I'm Annie, Macy's friend," I say. "Is Elijah your friend?"

"Yup, quite the lady's man that guy. You like him?" He asks.

"No!" I exclaim. "I was just wondering."

"Well, you know he doesn't really pay attention to girls. So it would be a waste of time."

I smirk, "Sounds like someone is jealous."

"Nooooooo," he says. I laugh. "I'm just playing with you. I have a girlfriend."

"Well, how cute! What's her name?"

He blushes, "Evie! She has the most beautiful eyes, that just make me want to fall to her knees."

"Awww... you must really like her. Is she coming tonight? I want to meet her."

"Yes, my brother is getting her. She's a nurse and she works near my brother's work"

"Wait, how old are you?" I ask.

"Oh, I'm 20. My girlfriend is 19."

"She's already a nurse?"

"Yup, my baby is very smart."

Charlie and I talk more. I think it's so sweet how he talks about his girlfriend. After about 10 minutes of talking, we see Macy and Elijah walking towards us from inside the house. I guess they realized they were staring at each other.

"Hey, what took you guys so long?" Charlie asks.

"We were just talking," Elijah says.

Charlie and Elijah get stuck in a conversation. So Macy and I start to talk. 

"Soooooo... you and Elijah?" I tease.

"Stop Annie," she says as she blushes. "We are just friends."

"Mhhmmm... you guys are just friends," I say. She turns into a deeper shade of red. "You guys have great chemistry. Why don't you tell him you like him?"

"Ummm... he's my brother's best friend. There's bro code, you know where your friend can't date your sister."

"Ohh.. well that makes sense, I guess," I say. "Well, when is your brother and Charlie's girlfriend coming?"

"Well looks like right now," Macy says. 

"Oh I'm so excited to meet Charlie's girlfriend."

Charlie runs towards a girl, who I'm guessing is Evie. He picks her up so they are leveled face to face and he kisses her lips. I turn away and give him privacy. I turn and see a tall man that's 6'2 with jet black hair. I look at Macy confused. 

"That's my oldest brother," she say. "Let's go say hi!"

She grabs my arm and dragged me to him. 

"This is my brother, Micheal," she says.

I look up and see my Micheal. I gasp and whisper, "Mike."

"Angel," he whisper back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote, Follow, and Comment. Every bit of feedback is taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys 💛