Chapter 17

Annie's P.O.V

"Here is some coffee. Now let's talk about what you saw," a detective says.

"Well my friend dropped me off at the hotel, and I took the elevator up to my room. Only to see a dead body of a maid lying on the bed," I say, still in shock.

"According to your address, you live in the city. Why are you staying at the hotel?"

"My roommate and I got into a fight, so I thought some space would be good."

"The maid had a note in her pocket that said, 'I'm coming for you.' Does that mean anything to you?"

"Not that I know of," I whisper. This might be Chad getting at me.

"When did you leave the hotel to meet your friend?" He asks.

"At around 4 or 5."

"Well, the woman was stabbed to death, we have yet to find a murder weapon. But the time of death was yesterday, around 3 to 6," the detective says. "I'm not going to lie to you, but you are going to be a suspect. But you can go home for the time being."

"Okay, I understand," I whisper. "Can I make a call? I don't think I can drive right now. I'm still shocked."

"Sure. The phones out there beside the desk or you can use your cellphone."

I take my phone out and hover my finger over Macy's name. I decide against it and press Mike's contact.

"Hey Angel," Mike says cheerfully.

"Mike," I sob. I'm surprised, I've kept my tears at bay for most of the investigation.

"Angel, what's wrong?" He ask worriedly.

"A-After you dropped me off at the hotel, I went to my room. When I opened the door and maid was there. She was d-dead and now at the police station and I don't want to drive."

"Okay Angel. I'm coming for you right now, can you send the address of the police station you are at?"

"Okay, Mike," I whisper. "And thank you."

"No problem, Angel. Bye, I'll see you in couple of minutes."

"Bye."

I send Mike the address and wait in the investigating room. The detective walks back in and tell me I can wait in the waiting room. I watch the clock and see how slow time is going by. I just want to be in Mike's arms. I wipe the tears on my face.

After about 5 minutes, Mike rushes through the doors. I jump up and run into his arms and cry.

"Shhh," Mike whispers. "Everything is going to be alright."

I dig my head into his chest and tighten my arms around his waist.

"Boss, what are you doing here? I thought it was your day off," a voice says.

"Well I had to come and pick up my Angel," Mike replies. Wait?! Mike is the boss of this police station. "But we are going to be on our way now."

Mike pick me up and I wrap my legs around him and adjust my arms around his neck. He walks out of the stations and towards his car. He tries to put me in the passenger seat, but I refuse. I don't want to move.

"Angel, you have to let go. We can cuddle at home, okay?" He says.

I slowly remove my legs from his waist and unravel my arms from his neck. He gently places me and the seat. He gives me a kiss on my forehead and closes the door. He slides into the driver seat and starts the engine. He drives to his house.

Once we reach Mike's house, he comes to the my side and opens the door. I raise my arms and Mike chuckles at me, and then picks me up. I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

"Mike, can we watch movies and eat ice cream?" I ask quietly.

"Sure, Angel. I have vanilla and mango flavoured ice cream. Which one do you want?"

"Can we share? Also, can you feed me?" I say shyly with a pout.

"Yes, Angel," he says.

Mike opens his house door and gently places me on couch. "Here is the remote, pick any movie. I'll go get some ice cream."

I scroll through Netflix and choose The Truman Show. Mike walks into the room and puts the ice cream on the table. He sits beside me and throws the blanket onto of us. I cuddle into his side and press the play button on the remote.

Throughout the movie, Mike feeds me a spoon of ice cream. When the movie ended, I let him pick and he chose Aladdin. When the songs would come he would sing and I would laugh at him.

About an hour later, the end credits starts to roll. Mike turns and faces me.

"Angel, do you want to talk about what happened?" He asks.

"No, maybe in a few days or a week," I say. Mike nods understandably. "Can I stay over, please?"

"Yes Angel," Mike responds. "I am leaving in three days, but you can stay here while I am gone."

"Thank you, Mike. I really appreciate it," I say.

I peck his lips. Mike picks me up and leads me to his room. He picks up a shirt and walks with me to the bathroom.

"Here you go," he says. "You can change and there is an extra toothbrush in the drawer."

He walks out of the bathroom closing the door. I get ready for bed and walk to Mike's bed where he was laying on the bed with his eyes closed. I run and jump onto the bed. I land beside him and turn to my side so I can stare at him.

"You know it's not nice to stare," Mike says opening one of his eyes.

"Well," I say trying to think of a come back, "I don't know. I couldn't think of a come back."

Mike laughs and pulls me onto the him. "You're so cute!"

I blush and Mike pinches my cheeks.

"Angel, I really like you. Would you like to go on a date?" Mike asks.

"Uh.. uh," I stutter. "Yes, I'd love to."

"We can go out after I come back from my business trip," he says. "Now let's go the bed."

"Goodnight," I whisper.

"Goodnight, Angel."

Mike kisses my forehead and I slowly drift to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote, Follow, and Comment. Every bit of feedback is taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys 💛