Bullshitting

I'm backkkkk!!!! It's been so long since I've been able to write anything and it feels so good to be back.

So before I begin, two life updates: So I've recently found out that I'm expecting a baby! I'll be a new mommy very soon which really excites me. Also, as you can see I have a new computer so I'll be able to update a lot more now than I was before. 

This chapter won't be too too long (getting back into the flow of it) but I'll be able to update more later on. Hope you enjoy!

~

Riley Freeman: "Gangstalicious got shot!"

Robert 'Granddad' Freeman: "Again?"

Riley Freeman: "We got to do something!"

Huey Freeman: "I've got an idea! Why don't we go to college so we don't end up like Gangstalicious?"

~

Riley pov~

I was cooking dinner for the kids when there was a knock at the door.

"Want me to get it, pop?" Carter asks. I shake my head, walking towards the door.

"Hi Reezy!" Cindy greets, with a smile. I frown,

"What are you doing here?"

"I can't come see my son?"

"You normally ask and schedule some shit first. Since when do we start showin up at nigga's houses?"

Cindy rolls her eyes,

"Boy hush! Where's my baby?" She pushes her way in and sees the kids in the living room watching TV. "Esco! Come give mama some sugar!"

Carter peaks over at his mom and looks back at the TV.

"I'm watching My Hero, ma. I'll give you some in a minute."

Cindy gave a shocked look. 

"But you always give me some when you see me," she says.

"Well it's not like you leavin, right?"

I chuckled, going back into the kitchen to finish up dinner. 

"What the hell is wrong wit him?" Cindy questions.

"Nothin, that's how Esco is. You'd know that if you seen him more."

"I be busy, Reezy. You know that."

"Whatever you say, Cindy."

She walks behind me and peaks over my shoulder.

"Ouu, whatchu makin?"

"Dinner."

"You aint gotta get smart."

I put the food on low and turn around.

"What do you want, Cindy?" I ask, irritated that she was bullshitting around.

"I'm gonna be going out on tour soon and I wanted to come and see my son."

"Why couldn't you have just taken him like you always do?" 

"Because," Cindy begins, "I can't take em today, so I decided to stay for dinner."

"Well thanks for asking, but no."

"Why not?"

I scoff, 

"Kids, go start getting ready for bed. We'll eat dinner when you done."

The kids nod, going upstairs to change and get ready for bed. 

I look back at Cindy,

"Don't think I don't know about that shit you been spittin on Instagram and shit. Don't play dumb wit me like you do either. What the fuck are you doing here?"

Cindy frowns, folding her arms.

"So what I talked shit? That's all it is for real. I'm serious about being here to see Carter though, Riley. You right, I don't see him as much as I should and I feel bad. So I just wanna have a small dinner wit him and you. He ain't never had that with us. Ain't we family?"

I snort,

"You real funny, McPhearson. You truly are. Plus we never have dinners as a family because you always start some shit then we end up arguing."

"Well I want to change. For him. Just cause you marrying her don't mean I can't be in our son's life."

I roll my eyes, knowing she was on bullshit. But I also couldn't tell her she can't spend time with her son.

"Fine, just this time though. Next time you better take him or sum."

The kids come downstairs not that long after and sit at the table. I start serving plates while Carter looks at Cindy confused.

"She's eating dinner with us?" 

"Aren't you happy?" Cindy asks, kissing him on the head. 

I could tell Carter wasn't really feelin it but he nodded anyways. 

"Pop, when's mom gonna come back?" Blaise asks, picking at his food.

"She'll be back soon, B, I promise."

Dinner was pretty awkward. Cindy tried to be all sweet and shit for the kids, even though it only works on the twins. Carter ain't eat or talk much. He just sat there.

After dinner was over, I told the kids to say goodbye to Cindy.

"I could help you get them to bed," she offers, I shake my head.

"You said you were staying for dinner. Now dinner's over. Say bye ya'll."

"Bye Ms. Cindy," Jadea yawns, rubbing her eyes.

"Bye Ms. Cindy," Blaise repeats.

"Bye, Ma," Carter waves, giving her a half hug. Cindy leaves and I get everyone's teeth brushed. As I tuck Carter in, I asked him about earlier.

"She was being weird, pop," He replies, "When does ma ever eat dinner with us? And mama Tee not here, she didn't do that when mama Tee was here."

I gave a sad smile,

"Yea, I know. But your mama is tryin. She loves you and wants to be with you more."

He sighs, 

"I guess."

I kiss his head,

"Maybe tomorrow, we'll go to the studio and paint a little."

Carter smiles and nods. 

I call Huey on the phone as I wash dishes,

"She really just came over?" Huey asks.

"Hell yea, like she really just waltzed in here like this was her shit. I feel like she up to something."

"You think so?"

"Hell yea! What bitch comes over they baby daddy house days after they fiancé leaves. She never would just come here."

"You're right. But what do you think she's up to?" 

"I'm not sure," I reply. "But I'm gon find out soon."