Bigger Picture

"Well, what if they have kids? Then our brother and our sister gon be half hoe!" ~Riley Freeman

Riley POV~

Weeks past and I noticed Carter was actin weird. He was keepin to himself more. 

Even though he's crabby half the time, Carter normally fucks with us. He'll either bother Jade and BB or talk to Taiya about whatever bullshit he heard on that dumbass game he be playin. What the fuck is the name of it? Fork knife? Fort life? Who gives a shit. 

Anyways, it's not like him to not say anything. Let alone sit in his room with his door closed. There's only one other reason that nigga would be doin that.

"Put your dick away," I say, before walking into his room. Carter was sitting on his bed, sketching something. "Whatchu drawin?" 

"Nothin," He says quietly, not looking up.

"You good?" 

"Yea."

"You sure?" 

Carter nods, still lightly shading his art. 

"You got any plans?" 

"Pop, I'm 8. What plans would I have?"

Right....

"Let's go to the studio."

"The studio?" Now he looks up, "Really?"

"Yea. Just me and you, what do ya say?"

Carter gives a small smile as he hops and goes to get his socks. I get ready too, tellin Taiya I'm taking Carter out for the rest of the day.

"Where you guys goin?" She asks.

"The Studio."

"Awe, that should be fun! Are you going to be home for dinner?"

"Nah, I think Imma doordash sum there. Give me some time to spend with him."

Taiya smile, kissing my head,

"Alright then, love. I guess I'll see you two when you get home."

Heading to the door, Taiya hugs and kisses Carter.

"Have fun, okay?" She tells him. "I love you."

"I love you too, mama."

Taiya gives a slightly shocked look but her smile outshines it. Smiling, I walk Carter out going to the driveway.

"Which car you wanna take?" I asked.

"I can pick?"

"Why not?"

Carter smiles, picking my jet black Corvette that was next to the van. I chuckled. I only packed one set of keys anyways. That was our only choice forreal. 

Driving, I noticed Carter was slowly becoming his old self again. Something must've happened with his mama. But I gotta soften his ass up more before I can ask.

"You think we need to go to the art store for anything?" I asked Carter, slightly looking down at him.

"Hmmm," He thinks, putting his finger on his chin. "I wanna try oil paints."

"Oil paints?" 

"Yep! I saw a video on Tiktok of a guy doin this really cool painting with oil paints."

I thought for a second. Oil pants could be fun to work with.

"Alright den," I say, "Let's go get us some oil paints."