Hit the Paint

"Awe hell nah! You got a sandwich from that hoe?" ~Riley Freeman

Riley POV~

I looked at the sleeping kids that were laid out on the couch. I told them lil niggas more than a thousand times not to stay up until 4 in the morning watching cartoons. But what do they do? Exactly what the fuck I told them not to do.

"Just leave them, Riley," Taiya says, rubbing her eyes.

"Fuck all dat, I told they asses not to stay up late," I tell her.

"But look at them. They look so peaceful."

I look down at the drooling messes on the couch. The only one who looked anything close to peaceful was Jadea.

"Fine, but I'm only takin my lil princess upstairs. Blaise and Carter can keep they dusty asses on the couch."

"Don't do my babies like that," Taiya snaps, swatting me in the arm. "Take the boys upstairs too."

I rolled my eyes, but still took them upstairs to appease Tee.

"Ya'll asses lucky you got a mama like Taiya, cause I fasho was finna leave ya'll asses on the couch."

Taking the boys upstairs, I got back into my room and lay down. It was the weekend so we didn't have anything to wake up for early in the morning and we didn't have anywhere to be.

"Don't forget," Taiya says, her back turned to me. "Cindy's supposed to be picking up Carter tomorrow so he can spend the weekend with her."

I groaned. Seein my ex was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Can't she see him another time? Ion feel like hearin her mouth," I whine.

"You don't have much of a choice, Riley."

I groaned before turning off the light and going to sleep.

The next morning, I heard the sound of a piano. I went downstairs to see Blaise practicing his piano while Jadea sat and listened.

"Ya'll really had to do that this early?" I asked with a yawn.

"Sorry, daddy," Jadea apologizes. "We didn't mean to wake you."

"I just wanted to show Jade the new song I learned," Blaise says. 

I chuckled, going over and kissing the twins on their heads.

"Where's your brother?" I asked.

"Esco's still sleeping," Jadea replies. 

Of course he was. The boy acts exactly like I did when I was a kid.

"Alright. Ya'll hungry?"

"Are you gonna make pancakes?" Jadea asks.

I give a playful smile,

"I might."

"Yaaayyyy, pancakes! Daddy's making pancakes!"

I laughed. Jadea was my little princess. She reminded me so much of how Jadea was as a kid and also how Taiya was when we were younger.

Jadea was very sweet and filled with energy when she was at home. She loved music and to sing and dance. She was really big with fashion and loved watching Taiya do her makeup. But around other people, she was very quiet and kept to herself.

Blaise was exactly like Taiya. He kept to himself most of the time and played piano or other instruments we had for him in the studio. He liked his things to be nice and neat and was always really quiet. He hated confrontation and often cried when it came to anyone arguing.