Get to know

While unpacking the main things out of the luggage, Solar heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Thorn scurried to the door. Upon opening it, he was asked "Is Solar inside? I'm Quake by the way."

"Yeah I'm here Quake. Let's go." Solar said, getting up from his sitting position in front of his locker. "Oh you brought more friends?" Seeing two other figures outside, he questioned Quake.

"The more the merrier right? You can come along if you want to uh..." Quake stammered, not knowing the name of Solar's roommate. "Oh pardon me, I'm Thorn!" Thorn introduced himself. "Right, you can come along if you want to Thorn."

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

The dining hall is packed with students of all years. It is lunch time so it's quite normal.

"Hey, that table has vacancies, the one with the light blue and red." Cyclone said pointing to the vacant table at the end of the dining hall.

"Great, now let's hurry there before it gets occupied." Thunder said slipping through the crowd. "Hey, do you mind if we sit here?" Thunder motioned towards his group who are a bit behind.

"Sure, we don't mind" the one in red said, earning a smack on the head right after. "Ow! What was that for Ice?!"

"Mom said to not talk when your mouth is full right? It's disrespectful Blaze." Ice said rolling his eyes.

Thunder just stood there, watching the scene unfold before his eyes. 'Should I sit down? Ugh..This is awkward' Thunder internally groaned.

"Please sit down, sorry you had to witness that" Ice said. The others came soon after Thunder sat. Sitting down too, eating their foods quietly. The silence is eating Blaze alive.

"Anyway, I'm Blaze. This is my twin Ice." Trying to start an easy conversation with the rest.

"I'm Thorn! Nice meeting ya'll"

"Solar. A pleasure to be here."

"The name's Cyclone. Let's be friends"

"Thunderstorm. Thunder for short."

"And I'm Quake. Glad to be here."

'Attention new students. You all are required to be in the hall in 10 minutes thank you'

"Shoot. We got to rush now." Ice said, chewing down his food faster.

"Here let me put your plates, save a spot for me." Thunder collected the dirty plates and rushed to the back slipping through the crowd (again). Ice noticed yellow sparks on Thunders boots. 'Weird' Ice monologued

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

"Thunder, over here!" Thunder walked over to Cyclone who was calling him over. Thunder thanked Cyclone, receiving a 'no problem' from latter.

"Good afternoon students. Congrats on your enrolment. I'm your coordinator, Miss Rosalyn. You'll start school next week. This week is going to be spent with orientation." Miss Rosalyn said, standing on the stage.

"This is ought to be boring." Thunder said plugging in his earphones. Noticing Quake side eyeing him, Thunder assured Quake "Don't worry, the music is on low. I'm still listening to the speech." Thorn who heard just shook his head.

"Let's just hope it's not boring, right Thorn?" Blaze nudge Thorn's shoulder to gain his attention. Thorn nodding as an answer.

"During orientation week, you lot will spend time knowing each other and learning other things about this school. Better start finding friends. You can do your own things. Dismissed." Stepping down from
the stage, indicating the briefing ended after a whole hour.

"Finally, I'm going to explore the school. Anyone want to join?" Blaze said stretching himself while walking out of the hall.

"We all don't have anything better to do so why not right?" Solar said earning a nod from the rest.

"Well then, let's go. We only have a few hours before we have to go back to the dorms." Ice said walking in front of the group.