Training camp

The school vacation was a blast! For the other students of course. The element users did all the work to make the camping site better again. Not that they hated it tho, they did whine here and there. They went back in the morning after barbecue night.

It is another typical Friday in the practice room. They were jamming a to a few songs until the principal came in.

"Hello students." The principal barged through the door. "Sorry for interrupting your practice, I came in to tell you guys that you guys are invited to the Annual Band Competition next month." The boys were surprised, they just stated the band, how could they be invited to a competition already?

"Question Mr. Principal." Quake said, raising his hand. "How are we invited to the competition because we just started this and haven't released anything yet?"

"That's because I'm one of the organisers. Anyway-" principal's words were cut off

"You? Organiser? Wow! Your so cool Mr. Principal!" Thorn beamed.

"Yeah. Anyway, this competition takes a week at the Performing Arts University. You guys are competing on the last day, the days before is a training camp program. And since you guys are rookies, they allow you guys to cover a song for the competition. You could always create it anytime, your choice." Principal briefed the boys. "That's all. Oh, you guys can call me Mr. San instead of principal. Just not in front of other students." Mr. San said, exiting the room.

"Well that was sudden. Cool though." Thunder said.

"Guys..." Solar said, gaining their attention. "We need to talk about our powers."

"Why Solar?" Blaze asked, not getting why.

"Well yeah, our power ups trigger when we play instruments. How are we going to stop from people knowing about it?" Solar said, explaining his worries. The gang thought about it for a while.

"Say it's part of our performance?" Thorn suggested.

"Glowing in a middle of a performance is too risky." Ice said.

"Can't we just like do it before the performance?" Cyclone said, putting his thoughts together. "Do it behind the stage, just like a little check up on the instrument to make sure it's functioning correctly."

"That's brilliant Cyclone! The back stage is always covered with curtains therefore i think it's safe to do so." Quake agreed to Cyclone's suggestion.

"Great! So we'll stick to that for the time being." Blaze said, hitting the drums a few times.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

"We're here kids." Mr. San said, parking his car in the parking lot. Quake and Thunder woke up their sleeping teammates. Quake woke them up nicely, Thunder....yeah he chose the hard way.

"Ow! What the heck Thunder!" Blaze said, rubbing his aching head.

"We're here." Thunder said, moving out of the car door.

After everyone was out of the car, the principal guided them to the registration counter. They had to wait awhile cause the line was super long. Mr. San then showed them their rooms for the stay. Mr. San had to leave them to themselves cause he had some work to do as one of the organisers.

"What now?" Ice said, yawning. "If there is nothing to do, I want to sleep." Hugging his plushie tightly, he lied down.

"Come on Ice, you just woke up! You can't go back to sleep again." Quake nagged.

A knock was heard at the door. They all turned their heads to the person in front of Cyclone.

"Hello! Are you guys part of the camp?" The person said earning a nod from the gang. "Well, you guys are required to go to the hall for briefing. Down the hall to the right." The person left as soon as they gave the directions to the hall.

"Ah..." Cyclone didn't get to thank them. "I'll just thank him later. Let's go guys!"

They arrived at the hall, to the whole bunch of people in it. They found a few empty chairs and sat down immediately.

"There's so many people!" Thorn said, amazed.

"Yeah, I didn't know people like to form a band that much!" Blaze said, matching Thorn's energy.

"Hey look there's Mr. San!" Cyclone pointed toward their principal on the stage, waving at him. Mr. San waved back awkwardly.

"Could you guys tone down a little, people are staring." Quake whispered from the front. Thunder beside him huffed in annoyance, crossing his hands together.

"Hehe, sorry Quake." The trio scratched their unitchy necks, apologising.

"Welcome young musicians to the Annual Band Competition!" The noisy crowd of students quiet down, listening carefully to the speech.
"As you all know, this competition will last a week. You all are going to sharpen your skills during the training camp and boast out what you learned during the competition. You guys can have friendly matches with any teams or learn from them! That's all. Any questions?"

"How about those who don't have anyone who plays the same music instrument as them?"

"Great question! Don't worry. For those who don't have anyone who play the same music instruments as them, we, the organisers, will help!"

"Can we use props, like fireworks for the competition."

"Since we're inside a school, we won't allow it. Sorry lad."

A wave of silence was present in the crowd. "No more questions? Okay then, dismissed." The speaker ended the briefing. The participants started to leave the hall. The boys waited a while before leaving because the door was too flooded with students. They all ended their day with a little snack provided by the organisers.