Chapter 13

Yeji wakes up to an empty bed and takes a second to remember whose bed and room it is. She huffs, sits up and searches for her phone, checking the time.

It’s only seven and she wants to go back to sleep but Ryujin’s already up so she decides to get up as well.

She drags herself to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth, trying to at least look a bit presentable and clean before she goes down to search for Ryujin.

She still has the toothbrush in her mouth when the bedroom door opens quietly and in walks Ryujin, looking for her.

Ryujin finds the bed empty and turns around by reflex, towards the open bathroom door. She steps inside, smiling at Yeji through the mirror.

Yeji senses the eyes on her and looks up, meeting Ryujin’s gaze. She blushes and quickly finishes brushing her teeth.

“I’m sorry you had to witness that,” she says, turning around. She grabs the small towel hanging near the sink and wipes her mouth.

“Why should you be sorry?” Ryujin steps forward and grins. “Good morning.”

“Morning. Why were you up so early?” asks Yeji, setting the towel back neatly in its place.

Ryujin shrugs. “I don’t need much sleep. Why are you already up? I thought you liked sleeping in on your day off?”

“I do but this isn’t my house so I feel like I shouldn’t be lazy.”

“Why not? Even the owner of this house is lazy.” Ryujin points at herself and grins.

“You’re only half the owner though. There’s Yuna too and I’m pretty sure she’s not the lazy type.”

“Fine. The owner of the room then,” says Ryujin. “By the way, since you’re up anyway, can I request one small thing?”

“Sure. What is it?”

Ryujin pouts her lips cutely and points at them.

“Are you asking for a morning kiss?” asks Yeji, smiling due to Ryujin’s cuteness.

Ryujin nods and takes another step forward.

“Alright. Consider this my thanks for not attempting anything funny last night.” Yeji holds Ryujin’s face by the cheeks then pecks her lips.

When she tries to move away, Ryujin’s arms go around her, keeping her in place.

“Where do you think you’re going?” asks Ryujin, smirking mischievously.

“To get breakfast. I’m hungry.”

“Breakfast can wait. I kinda miss our hugs,” Ryujin says.

Yeji lifts her arms and drapes them around Ryujin, enveloping her in a warm hug, sighing when she feels the other woman tightening her arms around her. “Me too.”

They both relax in each other’s arms, leaning against one another, happy to be where they are.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Ryujin asks softly, running her fingers through Yeji’s long hair. She likes the feeling of the smooth silky strands against her skin.

“Hm… do you have bread, peanut butter and jam?”

Ryujin chuckles. “I might.” She releases Yeji and pulls her out of the bathroom by the hand. “Let’s go have breakfast then. I’ll drive you home after that so you can change properly or get a few extra hours of sleep before our lunch date.”

They go down to the kitchen to find Yuna making herself a cup of tea while holding a book in one hand.

“Good morning, Yuna” greets Yeji.