Chapter 60

Ryujin opens her eyes with a jolt when she hears a loud crash. She immediately sits up and looks around the empty bed. "Yeji?" she calls out in a hoarse voice. "Yeji?" she then raises her voice when she got no response.

"I'm in the bathroom!"

"What are you doing? What was that crash?"

"Oh nothing! Don't mind me!"

Ryujin kicks the blanket aside and gets off the bed, going to the bathroom. She knocks on the door. "Yeddeong-ah, I need to pee."

"In a minute!" comes the reply.

"Now! I can't hold it in much longer!"

"Oh alright."

The door opens and Ryujin gets the shock of her life when she sees Yeji standing waist deep in a large white costume that she can't seem to pull up. On the floor is a broken shelf and bottles of their bath products.

"We need to install a new shelf," Yeji says. "I might have broken that one."

"What are you doing?" asks Ryujin, deadpanning. "And how did you even break that shelf?"

"I lost my balance so I grabbed it and it just broke on me."

"Still doesn't answer my first question."

"My costume came in the mail yesterday and I haven't had the chance to try it on," explains Yeji.

"Why do you need a costume?"

"For your office Halloween party, of course. Have you forgotten about it?"

"No but I thought we weren't planning on going?" Ryujin walks around Yeji to do her business.

"You're the one who doesn't want to go. I think it'll be fun." Yeji then continues in her struggle, pulling up the large outfit.

"How did you even get that costume? And why so early? The party's still weeks away," remarks Ryujin as she watches Yeji.

"I know you like this character so I went ahead and bought it as soon as I found the place that sells it. Oomph..." Yeji pushes her arms through the sleeves and tries to zip the costume up.

"You bought this?"

"Yes."

"Why? What are you supposed to be anyway?" asks Ryujin as she finishes up and washes her hands. Then she takes her time to brush her teeth and wash her face.

"You don't recognize me? You love this character! You said it was one of the best animation movies ever made."

Ryujin chuckles but doesn't reply until she's done with what she's doing. Only then does she turn around, leaning back against the sink while observing Yeji in the big white costume. "It is. It won the Academy Award for best animated movie back in 2015, you know."

"I know. You have watched it way too many times."

"You like it too!"

"I'm not saying I don't like it."

Ryujin grins. "It looks like a onesie."

"It does not!" Yeji looks down at her costume then takes a cute step forward towards Ryujin. She lifts her right hand. "Hello, I am Baemax, your personal heart-care companion," she says with a wink.

Ryujin bursts out laughing. "Baymax, huh?"

"No. Bae-max. B. A. E. Max. 'Cause you're my boo and I'm your bae."

"I can't believe you're still using those terms. That's so ten years ago."

"And yet you love it when I call you boo."