Chapter 54

Yeji places the flower on the table, followed by her bag, and then she takes off her jacket and drapes it calmly over the backrest of a chair. She's aware of the woman watching her from the doorway but she hasn't been able to say a word to her. The only thing she managed to do was take the flower.

"You okay?" asks Ryujin as she closes the door behind her. Despite Yeji's lack of response, she has followed her up the building and into the apartment.

Yeji turns around and just stares at Ryujin, their eyes locking.

She's still in shock after finding Ryujin at her doorsteps but when she sees the worry and fear mixed with the longing and love in Ryujin's eyes, her mind finally snaps to it and she starts making her way towards her.

A small smile spreads on Ryujin's face when Yeji reaches out to hold her hand. That old spark returns the moment their skin touches, spreading warmth throughout her body. She moves her hand, lacing their fingers together.

"You're really here?" asks Yeji.

"You can't exactly fake what we just felt," replies Ryujin, giving Yeji's hand a gentle squeeze. "Hi, Yeddeong. Long time no see."

Yeji lets Ryujin pull her into a hug, tensing involuntarily until she feels the familiar comfort, setting her at ease. She lifts her arms, wraps them around Ryujin and relaxes, sighing contentedly. "Hi, Jinnie," she whispers. "I've missed you."

Her eyes start to tear up as the emotions she's been suppressing for the past few years finally surface.

"I've missed you too," replies Ryujin while gently stroking Yeji's hair.

They spend the next minute just holding each other, relishing the moment and the emotions that they haven't felt in a long time.

"You asked Dad, didn't you?" Yeji suddenly speaks.

Ryujin grins. "I merely confirmed with him. I already knew where you were from the images I saw." She moves back a bit and looks at Yeji, cupping her face with her hand. "God, I miss you so much," she says as she wipes Yeji's wet eyes even though her own eyes are also brimming with tears.

"I miss you too." Yeji closes her eyes and leans in, gently pressing her lips against Ryujin's.

"You... don't have... a room... mate, do... you?" mumbles Ryujin in between their increasingly fervent kisses.

Yeji moves her head back, breaking the kiss. "No but I thought you were supposed to win me back after you found me," she says with a smirk, fully realizing what would happen next – just like in their previous reunions. "No shortcuts."

"I know. That's why I brought the flower."

"I'm not that easy."

"I know that too. That's why I'm prepared to do a lot more but since I can only be here for the weekend, I'll save the rest for later."

"I see. So what do are you going to do this weekend?"

Ryujin smiles. "Well, for starters, I've made dinner reservations tonight and I have tickets to a Broadway musical tomorrow."

"That sounds nice. Alright. I guess I should reward you for the flower and for finding me. Take off that backpack." Yeji starts pulling on the shoulder straps, setting the backpack on the floor. "You're staying here this weekend, right?"

"That's the plan."

"Good." Yeji grabs Ryujin's shirt and tugs, guiding her towards the bed. "Now let's see how much you want to win me back."

———————

Yeji opens her eyes when she feels kisses on her shoulder and huffs while turning her head towards Ryujin.