Chapter 64

Ryujin falls onto the couch and heaves a long, loud sigh before closing her eyes.

"Oh don't exaggerate. The movers did everything," Yeji says as she walks past her wife to switch on the robot vacuum cleaner. "Set temperature to twenty three degrees," she orders the central controller of the apartment and gets a beep in response as the temperature cools down.

Ryujin can hear Yeji going about the apartment but ignores her wife. Moving day is always taxing no matter how much the world has changed. Yes, nearly everything's automated now but they still have to get someone to install things for them and program everything correctly and securely. As for their furniture, contrary to old sci-fi movies and cartoons, comfort is forever a necessity so not everyone's a fan of the thin, metal framed, modern and minimalistic design. They're among those people so there was a lot of rearranging heavy pieces of furniture involved which basically meant a lot of pushing, lifting and assembling for Ryujin.

The doorbell rings and Yeji checks her watch to see the visitor. "They're here!" she shouts, announcing their friends' arrival to Ryujin. "Get the door!"

Ryujin grunts and pushes herself off the couch, muttering about how they shouldn't have disabled the voice command or the remote function to open the front door even though they did it for precaution. The last thing they need is to accidentally open the door for strangers. They like to do it the old fashioned way for as much as they can.

She opens the door and grins. "Hi there, neighbor! Welcome to our humble abode," she says as she steps aside and bows.

"You're cheerful," remarks Yuna on her way inside the apartment, followed by Chaeryeong. "We got you a housewarming gift."

"Oh? What is it?" Ryujin closes the door and sits down on the couch.

Chaeryeong goes to the kitchen to assist Yeji while Yuna takes a seat next to Ryujin.

"This." The tall woman shows Ryujin her tablet. "It has just arrived in my inbox earlier today."

Ryujin takes the tablet, reads the email and exhales. "This is real?"

Yuna nods. "You made the cut. The doctor's willing to help you. He told me that he was sincerely impressed by how much you two love each other although he also said that he would not want to be near you two once the treatment starts. To have two women with mood swings living in one house would be worse than being caught in a super bargain sale at a shoe store." She laughs when Ryujin glares at her. "Hey, his words, not mine. Anyway, now all we need is the sperm donor. Samchon has arranged to bring our top candidate over next week. I've spoken to him. I think you'd agree that he has the qualities you seek."

Ryujin takes another deep breath and rereads everything, just to be sure that this is real and she's not dreaming.

"Why so serious, Jinnie?"

They turn their heads when they see Yeji and Chaeryeong coming out of the kitchen.

"What's that?" Yeji asks as she sits down next to Ryujin, looking at her with surprise when she suddenly kisses her cheek. "What? What's happening?"

"This." Ryujin hands the tablet over to Yeji and waits for her reaction.

Yuna and Chaeryeong can only smile while stealthily holding each other's hand when they see Yeji nearly jumping up in her seat before hugging Ryujin, squeezing the daylight out of her. The tablet nearly falls to the floor but luckily, it stays in Yeji's grasp.

"Y-yah!" Ryujin coughs and gasps, trying to breathe. "Calm down," she says once Yeji has released her and grins when she saw the woman's teary eyes. "Great news, huh?"