Prologue

You hear their feet thundering heavily and with purpose on the stairs behind you and push yourself, throwing everything you have into running faster.

As you burst through the access door and onto the roof, you realise you are out of options and desperately try to put as much distance between yourself and those behind you as you can.

You reach the edge, behind you the door slams open again and you know you are out of time. Taking a deep breath, you climb onto the ledge and turn to face them.

"Please, don't do this. Don't make me do this!" You plead with them.

Six guns raise, pointing directly at you. You feel the energy building in your chest. Your hands glow surrounded by blue mist.

As the men step forward, the mist increases, covering your arms. Instinct tells you to back away, but you feel the safety bar against your legs and know there is nowhere left to run.

The mist continues to grow as does your fear, but at this point you can't be sure whether you are more afraid of them or yourself. You can't see them, but you know your eyes glow a rich electric blue, flames dancing in your pupils.

You know you're losing focus. You know how dangerous that will be for everyone on the rooftop, including yourself, but feel powerless to stop the inevitable.

In the distance, you see a red head exit the door. She feels familiar, like you've seen her in a dream somehow. She is followed by another figure, you can't quite make out. Suddenly, the second figure holds a red glow, almost mirroring your own power.

Your breath catches, and you try to compose yourself. You raise your arms, but before you can 6 gunshot rings out. The searing pain fills your chest, and there is a blinding red flash.

And then you're falling...