Chapter 1

You come round to the sound of unfamiliar voices and lay still hoping they don't realise you're awake.

Your body aches but as best you can tell, it's in one piece.  As you lie on your back the voices become clearer.

"...10 stories without so much as a scratch? How is that possible Banner"

"Her cells seem to be regenerating at a rate far beyond the average, repairing the damage from the fall..."

"The bullet alone should have killed her..." a third voice interrupts.

"From what I can tell, that damage likely healed before she even hit the ground"

Banner, the name is familiar but you can't place it, you have no idea how many people are in the room but it's clear they are talking about you, about the things you can do.

"But the fall..."

"I cant explain it Tony, it should have killed her"

"You're scaring her" a fourth voice, this one female.  "She is listening and you are scaring her"

"You can open your eyes, we won't hurt you", the same voice only somehow in your head "we can help you if you let us, I promise we will not harm you"

You open your eyes, the room is bright and it takes a second to adjust.  You're lay on a table in a lab, medical equipment surrounds you and an IV runs into your arm.

You rip it out, scrambling to sit up.  Four faces look back at you, you feel you should know them but your brain heals slower than your bones do and the world is still hazy.

The female approaches, her hands are raised, her palms are open.

"It's good to see you awake" the voice from your head.  "We weren't sure you would make it, that was some fall"

Your eyes dart around the room, only one exit and its blocked, an older guy in a suit stands there.

"You don't have to be afraid, I promised we wouldn't hurt you. I'm Wanda, I was on the roof, do you remember?"

The red glow, the flash.  You begin piecing it together.  You look at her, she must be the second figure.  They arrived after the guys hunting you, and now you find yourself hoping they are friends rather than foe.

"I'm Y/N.  Y/N Y/L/N.  Where the hell am I?"

"Our questions first, your powers where do they come from, how did you fall so far without a mark and what do HYDRA want with you?" The suit has stepped forward and from the doorway a fifth voice.

"Give her a break Stark, she needs to trust us before she'll talk" you see her and briefly it's like time slows down. 

The red head.