Chapter 10

You wake up and stretch. It's several seconds before you realise you're alone and slightly longer before you realise it's late morning and you missed training.

Reluctantly, you get up and dress, pulling on sweat pants and a hoodie. As you leave your room, you hear voices across the hall behind Nat's door.

Wanda. You hesitate wondering if you should check on them, but think better of it and head downstairs. As you reach the bottom, you notice several sets of eyes on you.

"Not one word," you warn as you continue on to the kitchen. "Not one."

There's coffee in the pot. You grab a mug and pour before taking a seat.

"Mind if I..." Clint motions to a seat as he enters the room. You shrug and keep sipping your coffee.

"About last night..." he interrupts your thoughts and you raise an eyebrow in his direction "I'm sorry Y/N, I didn't mean to upset you, just, Wanda told me what was in Nat's head all night.."

"I'm not upset," you offer a smile "wait you know what was in her head.?"

"I'll take that secret to the grave. She was angry enough as it was. " he raises his hands defensively.

"How much did she yell at you?" You smirk across the table at him.

"So loud. For so, so long, " you both laugh.

"She cares about you, you know, and she's got a big heart even if she hides it." his face becomes serious."If you break it, just remember I never miss"

You stand as you see Wanda headed towards you both.

As she spots you, she puts her head down and hesitates. You walk over, wrapping your arms around her, much to her surprise.

"It's OK, Wan, we're good," you tell her as she hugs you back. "And I'm sorry for the things I said." You add a little quieter.

Turning round, you wrap your arms around Clints shoulders, adding a kiss on the cheek for good measure as you hear Wanda giggle.

"Love you too, Barton," you say as you leave the room.

"Training room." Carol smiles as she sees you looking around the main room. You nod in thanks and turn right down the corridor you need.

You hear Nat before you see her. She's working the punch bag with an intensity that makes you glad you're on the same side. You lean against the door frame, watching her with a casual smile on your face, not wanting to disturb her.

"Like something you see?" She teases without turning to look at you.

"I'm starting to think maybe I do." Your smile increases as she walks towards you but starts to falter as she draws closer, and you become nervous.

As her hands reach for your waist, she pulls you closer. Seconds later, you feel her breath on your ear, and you freeze, not even breathing.

"That's the second time you've said maybe, maybe I need to convince you..." She whispers into your ear before pulling away and looking at you.

"You're shaking." She continues. "You're scared of me?" The look on her face makes your heart sink.

"Yes," you start to answer. "I mean no, not you, just this. Whatever this is"

"Let's go out," She suggests while her fingers play with the bottom of your hoodie.

"Out?" You question.

"Out, let's have fun, take a day off." She continues, "Maybe we can work out what this is."

"I'm not supposed to leave the compound." You look at your feet. "Tony made me promise,"

"I'll handle Tony." She smiles at you.

And with just that smile, she has you convinced.

Blue Mistजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें