▍❯ Handprints and Wildfires

Book name: Handprints and Wildfires

Reviewer: @luciferthepride
Author: @45cherryZ

Cover: 3.5/5
Umm not so sure about the cover.

Title: 4/5

Summary: 4.5/5

Grammar/vocabulary: 14/15

Use of literary techniques: 9/10

Character development: 13.5/15

Story arc: 13.5/15

Writing Style: 8.5/10

Plot + Originality: 8.5/10

General satisfaction: 9/10

Total Score: 88/100

Review note:

This is my frist time giving review of a thriller, mystery, and supernatural book.

It is well-written, the explanations and minor detailings are done really well, because in this genre those factors play really major role to feel the thrill.

Talking about thrilling, I thought it would be more thrilling because of the spirits, ghosts and murder but it was normal on that domain, like it was not much scary as I thought it would be, I was ready to not be able to sleep for days before reading it but it is bearable.

I also felt Rebecca and Clay were a bit mature for their 13 years old age but I couldn't find any other reactions they could have if, some other 13 years old were put in that situation because it's either fight or flight and survival instinct just kicks in.

The mystery part is done very well, a lot of theories could born out of this book. It is handled in a balanced way.

I also like how Rebecca has out of the world imagination and her over thinking  self just swings from one emotions to another, it's like she carries the burden of the world to she doesn't give a damn at all.

The writer has done really well in giving all of the character their own individuality in such short amount of time,  making readers to feel sense of closeness with them.
One can also find themself jumping from one emotions to other while reading this book; excitement to anticipation and feelings joy to upset real quick are some of the examples. And there are comedic relief from time to time; making it even more better and enjoyable.

Sense of uncertainty and feeling of 'what next?', in the characters was certainly present, giving it more sense of rationality and adding reality in the story. Their reaction towards the paranormal incidents happening around them was also convincing like how they are excited to find more about the mysteries surrounding their worlds to how they are held back from fear of unknown.

To be honest, I was perplexed at first chapter because of how so mamy characters were just dumped to readers just like that but that confusion disappears after second chapter.

Overall, it was well depicted story, definitely a good read and any fans of mystery, supernatural, fantasy genres will absoutely be entraced by this book.

Thank you~