Throwing the rose away

Chapter - 13

Tapasya

Mangalam Bhagwan Vishnuh,
Mangalam Garunadhwajah
Mangalam Pundari Kakshah,
Mangalaya Tano Harih

I feel him apply sindoor on my forehead.

My head starts to spin and I don't know when darkness takes over me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tapasya fell to the ground.

" Tapasya " Papa shouted and goes towards his daughter.

" Tapasya, what happened beta open your eyes," Papa says patting her cheek.

" Tapasya " he again said but no response. Her face turned pale.

Her father takes a little amount of water in his palm and sprinkles it on her face. She opens her eyes and looks at her Papa.

" Papa," she said.

" Ha beta " Papa replied.

" Ghar jana hai," she said and again close her eyes.

" Chal rahe ha," he said and helped Tapasya in getting up.

" You can't go, marriage is not complete yet, "the priest said.

" My daughter's health is not well and you are thinking about marriage" Papa shouted.

" but, " Ma said.

" Marriage, Marriage, marriage everyone is thinking about it nobody is thinking about my daughter, now, enough this marriage will not happen " Papa shouted.

Ruhaan's mom is so happy to hear that now marriage won't happen.

He takes Tapasya with him and Ruhaan sees the gathbandan (knot) duppata slip from his neck and goes with Tapasya. Her Ma followed her husband and daughter. They sit inside the car and goes towards their house.

••••

Tapasya's home

Her Masi and Masa Ji are worried about Tapasya. When Masi hears the sound of the doorbell she goes running towards the door and opens it.

There is Tapasya and her parents standing but she frowned looking at Tapasya.

" Jijaji what happened," she asked.

" Is this sindoor," she asked but Tapasya won't reply and goes upstairs to her room.

Her parents come inside the house and tell her all the things which happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tapasya

I go inside my washroom and turned on the shower. I take off the bangles harshly it hurts my wrist, I take off the jhumkas and mang tika as well. I look at the floor and sees the sindoor which comes out with water. I rub my forehead harshly to remove the sindoor fully.

" Ahhhh" I screamed and sobbed and fell to the floor.

I cry harder. After some time I turned off the shower and come out of the washroom.

I open the cupboard and my gaze fell on the box in which the rose is kept which he gave me. I picked up the box. I'm throwing you out of my life Ruh. I take the box and raise my hand but I can't able to throw it so I take a cloth from the cupboard and wrap it around the box. I place the box in the corner of my room which is a secret place in my room.