The Pink Rose

Chapter - 1

Tapasya

I get ready and get downstairs. Almost all of our relatives are here. Everyone is busy doing preparations. First, we go to the temple for taking blessings and then start the functions of marriage.

" Tapasya take this arti ki thaali," Ma said giving a plate.

" Let's go, ladies, we have to do the haldi ceremony too," Masi said to all the ladies.

After fifteen minutes we all reach the temple. We did pooja. I stand in front of god and join my hands and close my eyes.

I don't know what should I ask. Should I ask for peace? You know who is my peace or should I ask for strength so I can accept all the things? Or should I ask for my love?. Show me the right path, God.

" Enough or are you going to wish everything," Ujjwala said to me.

" Shut up and don't disturb me," I said to her.

Where I was yes. Please God do whatever is right for me.

I open my eyes and everyone come back home. The ladies again got busy making preparations for the haldi ceremony. I come to my room and start getting ready for it. First I did my makeup and then my hair I let my hair straight falling up to my waist. I wear a yellow lehenga with earrings and mang tikka.

I come downstairs and see Roshni di is sitting in the middle and ladies are surrounding her

I come downstairs and see Roshni di is sitting in the middle and ladies are surrounding her. I came and stand beside Ujjwala.

" You're looking nice" she compliments me.

" You too," I said.

" I always look nice," she said.

" The jewelry that Di is wearing is only maang tika and necklace and earrings. I'll wear flower jewelry from head to toe you know now flower kalieree are also available and I'll state in the wedding card that you have to come to haldi ceremony wearing yellow in Mehendi wearing green..." I was saying but Ujjwala cut me.

" And in marriage, everyone should wear red so everyone looks like a bride," she said.

" No in marriage nobody should be allowed to wear red except me," I said.

" And..." I was saying.

" Shut up and look at the rasam" Ujjwala said and I look at Roshini di.

The ladies one by one is coming and applying haldi to Roshni di.

" Isn't it romantic?" I said.

" Applying haldi," Ujjwala asked surprised.

" No idiot, the fact that the haldi is first applied on the groom and then the same haldi is applying on the bride," I said looking at her.