christmas alone, or so i thought

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫    i'm not a bitch, am i? well i can be one if i just bail out on my family during christmas time for the library, besides nobody but a bunch of 6 year olds want to stick around with their families in ugly sweate...

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
i'm not a bitch, am i? well i can be one if i just bail out on my family during christmas time for the library, besides nobody but a bunch of 6 year olds want to stick around with their families in ugly sweaters just to unwrap colorful paper with a box inside of it, bah humbug i know.

cherry, my older sister is living the spirit by just handing presents to friends and family, even the times i don't get her something she just happens to have a gift bag or a wrapped up gift for me. my parents thinks she am outstanding daughter while i sit around in the corner with slit wrists that come around every 2-3 months.

"cherry, can you take me to the library?!" i loudly asked from my room.

"no, they're closed!" she replied from the living room where she was watching our baby cousins.

"no they're not." i swung my door open and headed downstairs "jeremy's eating the paper, cherry."

she slaps jeremy's hand to get the paper away from his mouth "fine, but if they're closed then i'm not giving you a ride home."

"deal, anything to stay away from this house at this time of the year." mom had her hands on her hip, forming a wide smile on my face as if i didn't mean it.

i put on my coat while cherry does the same, she grabs her keys before heading out the door to her red corvette dad bought her for her 17th birthday. it's 1985 but here this girl is, recklessly driving through the streets of our soc side of tulsa.

the library seemed empty in and out, cherry had already drove off the moment my foot hit the pavement. i tried pulling the lever but it was like it was glued shut to the metal black frames. a boy who carried the book 'gone with the wind' by his hip came up to me, he looked a bit intimidating.

"closed i see." he peaked through the windows.

i just stood there, not even introducing myself to him.

"ponyboy curtis." he randomly said.

"huh?"

"my name, ponyboy curtis. go ahead make fun of me." ponyboy shook his head.

"cool name, talia, talia valance." i smiled.

"as in the cherry valance's sister?!" it was almost like he was doing a spit take.

"okay." i scoffed in disbelief, rolled my eyes before walking over to the playground behind the park.

"wait no, that's not what i meant." he chased me to the green chain link fence.

"i know, i just hate it when people call me that." i shrugged.

i sat down on the green swing set, started pushing my legs up and down as the metal chains went back and forth. ponyboy snuck behind me to push me, the boy had a strong push not going to lie.

"you afraid of heights?" he chuckled, he must've saw my knees clutch together.

"no but are you scared of a girl kicking you?" ponyboy stood there for a quick second until i used my heel to kick him by the groin, he knelt to the ground in pain.

i jumped off the swings to get a good laugh at him, the boy was sweating buckets. yeah i did feel bad for him but come on, it was kind of funny. ponyboy struggled to get up but he was standing on his own two legs, next thing i knew he lunged on top of me.

his heavy weight on top of me was something, i felt something hard down there.

"p-ponyboy, please tell me that is a jawbreaker by your pocket." i closed my eyes; hoping it was.

ponyboy rolled off of me, revealing a rock that fell off of me, we started laughing like crazy. a strange muffler sound made our heads turn, bob's mustang was circling around the parking lot, i could feel the death stares he was sending us.

i watched bob stumble out of the car, randy by his side with a metal bottle that i assumed was filled with alcohol. ponyboy looked a bit anxious with the sweaty palm on top of the back of my hand.

"talia, don't you know better than to get all handsy with a filthy greaser?!" bob was drunk, hands down drunk.

"you're not my mom or dad, you don't have to tell me who i can and cannot be friends with." i snarled, getting up to dust the wood chips off of my dark wash mom jeans.

"you get in the car right now, or i swear cherry won't be happy about this." he demanded.

"let's go pony." i grabbed his hand then the books that were sitting by the picnic table.

i felt a tight grip around my upper arm, it only got tighter and tighter the moment i turned around "i said get in the car."

"don't touch her!" ponyboy slapped his hand away.

it went too fast when i saw bob sucker punch pony by the nose, he falls to the ground with a bloody nose while bob and randy run back to the mustang. i rush over to pony who had his hand clutched onto his nose, blood went all over the place.

"he got you good, didn't he?" i examined the nose "it ain't that bad, just some blood."

ponyboy gets up with his hand held against his nose, that motherfucker got his eye too.

"here, the least i can do is take you home." i grinned, he nodded.

"so like you're the wonder woman of the socs?" wonder who now?

"excuse me?" i snickered.

"never mind, anyways this is my stop." we turn to our left to face a white house with nice roofing, i stood by the fence as ponyboy ran up the front porch "you coming?"

did i want to come? oh who am i kidding, anything to stay away from the crying babies at my house.

i only had one foot on the porch step when i heard a bunch of arguing and shouting from his house, it made me scared a little.

"don't worry, they're friendly!" pony reassured me.

we walk through the front door, everyone's eyes point directly at us, jaws dropped.

"hey pone, who's the broad?"

a/n: and that is the first chapter of 'electrify my heart. hope that y'all enjoyed it, if you did make sure to vote and comment. holly shit i'm becoming a youtuber, no i'm kidding, i would just track down the outsiders cast for them to be in my vlogs, anyways bye.