the truth's the truth

𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫    is this a date? no i'm just exaggerating, talia's not into me, i will get my ass kicked if i try to lay a finger on her

𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
    is this a date? no i'm just exaggerating, talia's not into me, i will get my ass kicked if i try to lay a finger on her. it was only soda and darry in the house, johnny, steve, and two-bit were back at their homes while dally was off at buck's getting wasted as always.

    i put on my blue flannel that was a hand me down from soda from when he was 12 or 13, i'm pretty sure it's 13. i checked the mirror for some flaws, i'm shitting bricks if talia points out something bad on me, i really will.

    darry lifted me up from behind, threw me down onto my feet "remember pone, you're going out with a soc, don't try anything funny with her."

    "darry we're 14, too young for whatever you're talking about." i rolled my eyes.

    "okay okay, just saying. oh take your coat, it's freezing out." darry threw me his brown coat he usually wears whenever the weather gets too low at work.

    i walk out of the house before anymore sources of embarrassment could come towards me, would it be considered as me not thinking this through if talia didn't show up? probably.

    i made it to the bridge but time was 6:23, talia wasn't here. cars passed by underneath me. at least sunset was starting soon, later than usual but will do. i heard a skateboard stroll around behind me, it stopped once it reached my point. i turn to see talia who had a blanket stuffed in her bag.

    "sorry i'm late, my parents wanted me to greet some family and have a small dinner." she explained.

    "no it's fine, i just got here too."

    talia wrapped herself and i in the blanket, our shoulders touched as we watched the sunset "you know, i had to lie to my family that you were a soc, except cherry who actually was happy."

    "you don't gotta apologize if you are, i get it." am i mad, or am i just getting used to hanging out with socs?

    "i mean, you don't seem mean." she shrugged.

    "what makes you say that?" i turn my head to her.

    "i don't know, you're just too nice." talia smiled at me, god please don't make me blush "hey so, you got a date to the dance yet?"

    "no, you?" just act like you don't got a clue who her date is, maybe she'll cancel and ask you?

    "peter louis, he asked me at the bowling alley." talia didn't seem happy when she said his name.

    "well, i guess i'll ask angela." angela was mean, tuff, but she was the last on my list since we're kind of close.

    "oh, that's good." i could sense talia nodding repeatedly "don't wanna be a wallflower, am i right?"

    "wallflower? oh, yeah." i scoffed.

    "listen, if our dates are a no-show, you think maybe we can share one dance together?" talia asked.

    "hell yeah." i didn't want her to be alone, alright?!

    "thanks pony, you're the best." talia smirked, then rested her head on my shoulder.

    we started talking about how unfair and stupid the social class ranks were, talia snuck in some jokes about how snobby the socs were. i don't think of talia as a "soc snob", she's the complete opposite actually, let's see; she basically became my best friend in one day, defended me when bob tried to plan an attack, oh and she's like part of the gang i guess.

    all the talking started to bore us out, talia fell asleep once 9 pm struck, we were out for that long? i didn't want to fall asleep and wake up to me falling backwards as talia gets up to leave. talia did fall back a few times but i caught the resting girl.

    time was stomped onto the curb as it struck 11:58, just two minutes 'til that new years ball drops and we're in 1986. the two minutes went to none, we were now in 1986, the fireworks bursted from a distance but never woke talia up. i kissed her forehead.

    "pony?" talia's small voice called out.

    "i'm here tal." i stroke her hair.

    "will you tell the shooter to shut up?" talia fell back to sleep.

    "there are no shooters tal, just the fireworks telling you that you're beautiful." hopefully she didn't hear the last part.

    talia valance, i love you.