together 'til the end

𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫    two-bit had to stay over at our house since his mom had a late shift at the hospital, everyone who lived at the hospital plus two-bit were all in the living room doing nothing but watching the tv screen, tal...

𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
two-bit had to stay over at our house since his mom had a late shift at the hospital, everyone who lived at the hospital plus two-bit were all in the living room doing nothing but watching the tv screen, talia was still on my mind despite the loud volume two-bit set up.

the telephone rang, darry was resting himself on the couch after a long day at work so soda answered the phone, either telemarketers or someone from the gang.

"mrs. matthews?" soda questioned, humming the word 'yes' as two-bit shot up a stare at him "we're coming right now."

"why were you talking to my mom?" two-bit stood up to soda's level.

"talia's in the hospital, she told me she knew that we were friends with her so she just wanted us to know." soda explained "we can't just stand here any longer, we gotta go see talia!"

darry urged everyone into the truck, we made our way to the hospital where the smell of chemicals and cleaning supplies hit my nose. i ran towards the front desk lady who was half asleep by her desk.

"kid, visiting hours are over-" i cut her off.

"we're her brothers." i lied.

the lady handed everyone but two-bit a visitor's pass, she knew two-bit because of his mom. i inhaled a sharp breath as i caught a glimpse of mrs. valance crying into her husband's arms as they stood in front of a room, the number didn't match talia's.

darry and soda walked me towards her room, i walk in to see talia aggressively pushing buttons on the tv remote, her head snapped at us but with a warm smile. was she still mad at me?

"hey guys." she softly greeted.

"how ya feeling?" soda rushed towards her.

"my head hurts a little, got a fractured leg but the doc said i'll be put by tomorrow morning if my headache goes away overnight." she shrugged, showed off her cast and the metal crutches standing by her bed.

mr. and mrs. valance walked in, her father was angry when he saw my face.

"i told you to never see this boy again! and i see he's brought visitors with him too!" her dad pointed at my brothers.

"calm down dad, they're my friends and they're here to see how i'm doing." talia tried to sit up, everyone flinched as she squinted in pain "anyone seen cherry yet?"

mrs. valance broke down into tears, her dad huffed before opening his mouth.

"talia, cherry didn't make it. neither did randy and bob, marcia's in a coma for god knows how long." mr. valance explained.

talia was speechless until "no, that's not true, right?"

nobody said a word, not even the ones who didn't know.

"you're lying, i know you are. stop fucking with me!" talia had tears in her eyes "get out, all of you, just get out!"

we rushed ourselves out, all we heard was talia's muffled sobs through the door, i wanted to be in there with her but i knew she would just throw a fit at me. mr. valance walked over to my brothers.

"son, i think it's best if you three go home for some rest." he let out a sigh, this time he was being nice.

"it sure is getting late, have a nice night mr. valance." soda said before walking away first.

darry woke up two-bit who was sleeping by the waiting room, we must've left him there for a long time or something. i get into the truck with tears slipping away slowly, never let out a sniffle until i was in my room.

soda comforted me as i let my emotions fall out, i could've done more to keep talia safe but here she is now, in the hospital after having to be in a car that flipped multiple times down a hill.

anything to keep talia safe, now she's off to a world of sadness now that her sister's dead.

everything in life isn't fair for everyone.