down the wrong path

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫	mom was home but dad wasn't, i mean it's only 4 pm, do i really expect dad to be home from work at 4? no of course

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
mom was home but dad wasn't, i mean it's only 4 pm, do i really expect dad to be home from work at 4? no of course. the moment i walk into the house; the stench of wine and dish soap hit my nose, mom was being a drunk lover housewife.

i took a deep breath without thinking of the smell, mom walked out of the kitchen with yellow rubber gloves that never fitted, her smile faded once she got close to me.

"you smell, have you been in the east?!" mom tried her best not to get her labradoodle dress dirty.

"no mom, now leave me alone." it's always me, it's always me getting accused of hanging out with people the opposite of me.

"young lady, i told you to stay out of the east, do you know what they could do to you?!" mom was extremely angry and anxious.

"you were a greaser too, now stop getting your new ego in the way and open up your eyes!" my hand gestures almost poked my eye out.

"an extra three months for you missy if you don't knock it off." mom really wanted to go there.

"why don't you knock it off?" i fired back.

"i will knock you out if you don't." her finger pointed at me.

"i don't have time for your bullshit, never did and hopefully never will." i scoffed before heading off to my room.

cherry was blasting music in her room sos he couldn't hear what was going on downstairs. i slam my door shut with tears slowly flooding my eyes, i slid down my door with ankles by my butt and knees clamped together. mom and dad hate me, i know it, it's not everyday that you see them yelling at cherry.

all i could ever describe cherry was her being the outstanding, pretty, smart, joyful type of person while i'm the younger sister who had some fling with greasers or people who don't really love her. there's always hurt in someone's eyes.

i get up to walk over to my phone, should i call cressida or pony? oh who am i kidding, cressida's probably out in utah liviher best life, i'm pretty sure she's in utah the last time i checked. i dialed pony's number hoping he'd answer.

"curtis household, darrel speaking." a deep voice answered.

"hey darry, it's talia, pony there?" i twirled the phone string.

"he's here but he's in the shower, want me to leave him a message?"

"just tell him talia called, thanks dar." i faked my smile that no one would see.

"no problem tal, and thanks for helping him with the socs." darry mentioned.

"no problem, i gotta go but yeah bye." i hung up before hearing his 'goodbye'.

great, i'm alone now, no surprise anyways. dad pulled into the driveway but none of his two daughters would come down greet him like they always have 10 years ago, they now got their own problems such as boys, dresses, and whatever.

it was all quiet downstairs besides what was going on in cherry's bedroom until there was a bunch of shouting and arguing, it came to an end when glass shattered, my ear located the living room since that's where all mom's antique vases were.

i pop my head out from my door, so did cherry, we look at each other with a horrifying face. we tiptoed by the railing to see dad walking out of the house with his briefcase, leaving mom with mascara tears streaming down her eyes. cherry motioned towards me to come into her room before i could cry.

once my foot hit her wooden floor, i bursted into tears thinking that this was the end of the valance couple.

"it's gonna be okay, stuffy." cherry began stroking my hair.

"i know i'll sound 7 but are mom and dad getting a divorce?" i look up to her.

"don't worry about that stuffy, just worry about yourself for now." she shushed my tears.

"but what if-"

"if something happens, it's just gonna be between you and me." cherry reassured.

this was probably one of the worst times cherry could cheer me up, the last time i've ever felt like that was when peter louis dumped me in 2nd grade, luckily cherry was being the supportive sister by just yelling at him and spread gossip around the 4th grade halls of our elementary school.

yeah cherry can be a bitch sometimes but you never really see cherry behind the close doors where she's the one to care for her family, especially her little sister who's having troubles on her own. i love cherry, not that she's the favorite but she despises those just to care for me.

even if i'm obsessing over a greaser.