new year, still hell

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫    i'm a liar if i said ponyboy wasn't cute, at first glance he was just some nerdy greaser who probably treats girls the way all greasers do, but when i really got to know him it just makes you think it's a grea...

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
    i'm a liar if i said ponyboy wasn't cute, at first glance he was just some nerdy greaser who probably treats girls the way all greasers do, but when i really got to know him it just makes you think it's a greaser in the wrong body, i don't know. he's all charming and cute and all but of course my parents will never approve his social class, they'll probably turn into those parents who arrange marriages for their daughters with the same social class.

    i was sitting in my room with madonna singing through my boom box that was sitting on my desk, i heard a knock at the door but it was cherry the whole time since mom and dad went out to go get new year's decorations for tomorrow.

    "hey tal, i was wondering if you wanted to come to the bowling alley with bob and our friends." cherry leaned against my doorframe.

    "uhh yeah sure, anything to get out of the house." i closed my book to check out my hair in the vanity mirror.

    "talia, you look great now let's go! bob is already waiting outside." cherry dragged me out of the house "talia's coming with us, hope it's not a problem."

    "no not at all, let's just hope she isn't sending those greasers for me to punch again." bob glared at me.

    "leave her alone bob." randy made it quits.

    "can you guys just shut your traps?! the bowling alley will close at 11, it's 8." marcia rolled her eyes before scooting over to make room.

    bob drove off with his conversations going on and on like it'll never stop, i only engage conversations with marcia and randy since they're the nicest out of cherry's group, they really are but i just don't get why they chose bob as a new addition.

    i felt the car go into park, we were at the bowling alley where all bright lights were a thing. a familiar truck catches the corner of my eye as bob brings out a box of beer to sneak into the bowling alley. cherry pinched my elbow to snap me out of my gaze, she always does that whenever i become too distracted over something and it becomes "unhealthy".

    we walk up to the counter to rent some shoes, mine were a little too tight but i didn't even know what actually size shoes i was. randy found us an alley that was practically empty and clean, i only turn to my right to see the gang having the time of their lives right next to us, too bad pony didn't even notice me.

    "hey talia, ya got a nickname?" bob asked, they always do nicknames on the scoreboard. (i haven't been to a bowling alley in years, don't expect me to remember what the thing to keep track of your score is called)

    "we call her stuffy." cherry smiled, our family calls me that because of how often my sinuses come around.

    "that's stupid." marcia snickered.

    cherry walked over to me as i kept staring at ponyboy who really sucked at bowling "you like ponyboy, huh?"

    "what? no, i don't." i lied.

    "you're lying, now you're going first." cherry placed her hands down onto my shoulder, handed me a bowling ball.

    i swung back, then aimed for a strike, luckily i still got my skills. i jumped up and down as i watched the pins go down, some clapped at my play except for bob who was already down on his second beer.

marcia double high-five me, randy nodded as a 'good job'. bob went next, he thought it'd be funny to throw his ball in the air and make it slam onto the glossy wooden floor, some lady had to yell at him.

peter louis who was in my chemistry class walked up to, i used to like him in 1st grade but i got over it once he started dating crystal in 3rd grade, yes it took me two years to get over my crush but at least it's over now. peter was a soc like me, he was also a jerk when i'm not around.

    i had my mouth stuffed with popcorn the workers hand out to those who makes a strike, my motions were chewing on the sticky popcorn until i felt a tap on my shoulder; i turn to see peter standing behind me. i spat out the popcorn, embarrassed he saw me like that.

    "hey talia, can i talk to you real quick?" i nodded, we walk over to the arcade entrance.

    "so, you wanted to talk?" i raised my eyebrows with a smile.

    "yeah, i was wondering if-" ponyboy cut him off by walking by, with a weird stare?

    "you were saying?" i turn down my attention towards pony.

    the machines were a bit loud, i could barely make out a word peter was saying.

    "i was wondering if you'd like to go to the snowflake dance with me!" he shouted, i rubbed my ear to ignore how loud he was.

    "oh yeah sure!" if i'm being honest, i didn't even know if i was happy or disappointed.

    "alright, see you on the 23rd!" he shot his finger guns, i smiled.

    as i made my way back to cherry and her friends, i heard her and marcia squeal, they must've heard the whole thing. they shook me back and forth as a congratulations on getting a date to my first high school dance.

    "my sister's got a date!" cherry shouted.

    "talia valance, on a date?!" bob sarcastically acted surprised.

    "will you all shut up, it's not that big of a deal." i shrugged, slightly grinned.

    "about time i get to go to a dance with my sister who has a date." cherry sat down on the bench with me as we waited for our turns.

    i turn over to see ponyboy who looked a bit dissatisfied, he must have some beef going on with peter or something, oh well he'll get over it. did i even make the right choice?

    wait, i like ponyboy.