life's a screw up

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫    i don't really remember new year's, i do remember waking up in pony's arms at 1 in the morning

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
i don't really remember new year's, i do remember waking up in pony's arms at 1 in the morning. mom and dad were passed out by the time i got home, luckily cherry slept like a pig, it was only em who was wide awake that night.

today was the first day back from christmas/winter break, it's combined but i've heard from my cousins back in new york that their winter breaks are separated from their christmas breaks, what kind of country is this?! i smelled fresh waffles from the under cracks of my door, mom was sober and cooking.

cherry barged into my room all dressed up, she probably went for a home workout at 5 in the morning or something "mom told me to wake you up, now wake up."

"okay i'm up, now shut up!" i threw my pillow at her but she closed my door before it could come in contact with her.

i groaned every step i took to my bathroom, my hair was a total disaster even with a brush, not on the first day back, please no. maybe this could get peter out of going to the dance with me, i'm kidding! i'm not that cruel.

my hair and makeup was settled in, i chose a pair of mom jeans along with an orange striped shirt that will be covered by my jean jacket dad got me for christmas, it was always my dream to own one but my parents never trusted me when it comes to spending my own money.

"talia faith valance, you better come down here and eat or the bus won't come and get you." my mom yelled.

okay this really strange, 1. she just said my full name and 2. bus? who said i was taking the bus?! i run downstairs to take 7 bites of my waffle, grabbed my bag and headed out the door where the bus was already waiting for me.

cherry normally takes me to school but dad found the bottle of alcohol in the bin and he sensed the stench of whatever bob was drinking in her car, he took away her privileges from her car for 3 months, which isn't bad since dad once made her go 6 months without it. if cherry wasn't able to take me to school then it'd be my mom but now my mom's cravings are wine and cigarettes, something's wrong with her but i just don't know what it was.

i leaned my head against the window as the bus made its stops, ponyboy startled me by shaking me, he took the spot next to me while johnny sat behind us.

"just you two attending school?" i look at them.

"two-bit drives him and steve, dally never shows up but i guess you can say he's a graduate." ponyboy explained.

"not to sound mean or anything but doesn't cherry take you to school?" johnny chimed in.

"well glad you asked, our dad basically forbid her from getting into that car alone now." i said, kind of shocked.

"told you johnny, not all socs have the kind of privilege." ponyboy scoffed.

"soda go to school with you?" why am i acting like i've never seen these boys around even though they go to the same school as me.

"he dropped out after our parents died, nothing's been that easy since." ponyboy frowned.

"oh i'm sorry pone." i patted him on the shoulder.

"it's not your fault talia, don't be and ya gotta stop saying'sorry' for the things that you didn't do, starting now." ponyboy grinned.

"so if i ever do something to you, i don't gotta be sorry?" i raised my eyebrows.

"jesus tal, i said for the things you didn't do." he laughed, johnny and i did the same.

we all make it to school, our shoulders together as we walk down the hallway. i depart from the two to get to my locker, the cold metal touched my hand, it was a bit of a mess due to how much i stuffed in it.

the PA system goes off "good morning students, principal wilson here, i would like to welcome and welcome back the students from our recent break. hope you all are doing alright, assembly by the gym to address our upcoming events for students and staff. see you there!"

the bell rings, everyone skips to their classes but that's not how talia valance does it. how exactly do i show up to class? well first, i stop by the bathroom to just have a smoke, i don't smoke a lot but only when i feel bored, shit that's most of the time.

i walk out of the bathroom with my books, some smoke came out the door but luckily paige white just happened to be in that bathroom at the same time as me, oops. our hall monitor, melinda was at the end of the hall, i could feel her glaring at me.

"got a hall pass, young lady?" i heard a voice from behind.

"no but if i did, we'd both know where that'd end up." i smirked.

"do not use that attitude, name right now or you're in the office." melinda had her hands on her hips.

"talia valance." i rolled my eyes, melinda was writing random shit down.

she let me go, i walk to my first period that was probably ending soon; science. nobody that i knew was in this class, meaning ponyboy and johnny had different periods on their schedule, i'm alone like always.

mr. tanner was pretty chill to say the least, he knows how many times i'm late to his class and why, nothing can ever piss him off unless it's ryan smith who throws paper airplanes at the ceiling.

i sat in my seat with nails being sawed off by my teeth, there was whispering behind my ear, i turn to see two-bit.

"why are you in this class, i thought it was for freshmen only." wait, why is he here?

"you don't know how many times i gotta retake this class as a junior." he laughed.

"kei- two-bit, please calm down." mr. tanner sighed.

this will be one fun class.