last to know

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫    mom let me off of my "house arrest" after noticing dad's been gone for days now, i'm allowed to go out unless i'm nowhere near the greasers territory, which hurt a lot since i wanted to see pony and the gang

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
mom let me off of my "house arrest" after noticing dad's been gone for days now, i'm allowed to go out unless i'm nowhere near the greasers territory, which hurt a lot since i wanted to see pony and the gang.

that never changed mom's mind about letting cherry drive again, she still doesn't trust bob in that car either.

"i'm heading out!" i shouted by the coat rack, putting on mine.

"to where, exactly?" my mom asked.

"t-to my friend, garret's!" i lied with a huge smile, mom shook her head which is equivalent to letting me leave.

i walk out with my skateboard strolling through the sidewalk, almost bumping into people who just don't watch it. some dumbass literally stopped right in front of me, i slam my whole body into theirs, then i fall onto my butt which scraped my ankle.

"watch it asshole!" i said, not looking up.

"talia? i thought you were grounded." a familiar new york accent chuckled, dally.

"not anymore, and what are you doing standing by the boarder of greasers and socs?" i get up, dusting the dirt off me.

"i was heading over to pone's, you?" he offered a cigarette but i declined.

"same."

"i'll take you, c'mon."

we walk to pony's, my board in my left arm since dal thought my wood board was too fast for him but that's probably because he's slow. his smoke kept getting all over the place, especially my nose which wanted to kill him if it hit my nose again.

i was first to get to pony's gate, since i'm basically one of them i just barge into the house like it's something to normalize. my jaw dropped once i saw ponyboy sitting on the couch with blonde hair, i fell to the ground laughing like crazy that my cheeks were sore from smiling so much.

"talia, what's so-" dally couldn't finish his sentence before joining me for a good laugh.

"i get it, i look stupid but blame two-bit, not me." ponyboy looked disappointed.

"it's not stupid, i think it's pretty cute." i calmed myself down to stand up.

"ooouuu... someone likes someone." soda singsonged.

"shut up." ponyboy and i say at the same time.

dally left the room to get a beer from the kitchen, only to come back just to nag darry that the beer is gone and that he needs to get more, what's up with greasers drinking beer all the time?

pony kept showing me the chapters he's been reading in the 'gone with the wind' book, that thing is like over 1000 pages but this 14 year old can read it all, no wonder why he's known as the brainiac of our grade.

"so did you ask angela yet?" i set aside the book, look straight into his eyes.

"no, i haven't." he now was mad?

"pony, the dance is no longer a week away, you ask or i will set up a proposal for you myself." i crossed my arms.

"he doesn't want to ask because he wants to ask y-" two-bit almost finished his sentence but dally tackled him to the ground before he could.

"pony, you ask her right now on the phone or i swear to god." i threatened before saying my threat.

"okay, okay! i'll ask her!" pony got up to go to the phone.

i sat there; silently clapping my hands with a huge smile, pony had his thumb through the loops of his jeans while waiting for angela to answer the phone.

"hey tim, angela there?" ponyboy snapped out of position "so umm... angela, i was wondering if you wanted to go to the snowflake dance with me, 23rd?" more waiting could really kill me right now "yeah? well great, see you then."

i jumped up and gave him a huge hug as a congratulations to getting a date to the dance, though he wasn't too happy, i was happy that he finally gathered the courage to ask someone to the dance.

the guys ruffled his hair or cheered him on for having a shepherd as his date. i go back to the couch with my head leaned onto the armrest, what was i really doing here other than laughing at pony's blonde hair?

johnny stood up "glad you two are going to the dance, ima head home now."

"wait johnny, you don't go to any of the dances?" i started.

"no talia, nobody asks me and i ask nobody, simple. now i really gotta get going." johnny ended our conversation.

"i guess i should leave too, see you monday?" i turn to the gang, pony was the only one looking.

"see you monday." he depressingly smiled.

i should've asked ponyboy first.