all i ever wanted was you

𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫	i had multiple suits and ties from when i went to wedding parties with my folks, one suit really got the best of me; the one i wore to their funeral a

𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
i had multiple suits and ties from when i went to wedding parties with my folks, one suit really got the best of me; the one i wore to their funeral a.k.a the one i cried in for weeks. soda remembered those days, he refuses to let me wear that suit now, just so the tears of mine don't leave my system.

angela was already waiting outside my house, she doesn't like it when i come around hers since tim is always playing the strict dad role. i get that they were raised by abusive drunks in the past but it doesn't mean angela can't live her life.

soda came up from behind as i stared at myself in the mirror "your girlfriend's waiting."

"soda she ain't my girlfriend, never will be." i adjusted my tie.

"oh so you're waiting for talia? i see." soda smirked.

"whatever, i'm out. i'll be home by 11 or 12." i noted.

angela smiled as she saw me walk out, she wore her black knee length dress for this bright blue dance that wasn't worth it all, i felt her hand wrap around mine but i couldn't do the same without thinking she wasn't talia.

darry drove us to school since he was a chaperone. the dance had already started by the time we got there, darry headed over to see some familiar faces from when he attended this school. talia was having the time of her life by dancing around with peter, he was twirling her around like some rodeo dance.

angela went over to her friends who had metal bottles, they were getting drunk. two-bit was here with his date, kathy fitz, she's cool and all but she's a soc who likes to judge other greasers. i walk over to the punch, the chaperone moms had to scan my pockets as if i brought something over to spike the punch.

talia purposely bumped into me "hey pone."

"hey talia." i said before taking a sip of my fruit punch.

"your umm... date is already attached to other guys." she pointed at angela who had other boys arms wrapped around her.

"it's alright, how's your date?" i changed the subject.

"it's going alright, he seems to not be enjoying it but it's fine i guess." she shrugged, i handed her my cup.

we watched peter dance around other girls, talia took bigger gulps of the punch every time she watched those girls hands touch his arm or back.

"since our dates are m.i.a, wanna have this one dance with me?" i asked her as 'time after time' came on, she agreed.

slow dancing not really my type but when it's with someone i really like then yeah, my hands touch talia's waist as her arms wrapped around my neck. everyone awkwardly moved around us, her eyes going into mine.

"you know, i've always been waiting for this moment." she slightly smiled.

"what makes you say that?" i snorted.

"i like you ponyboy, i really do but it looks like you've got your own things to worry about." she gestured her head towards angela.

"did you know i like you too?" i wanted it to be obvious.

"no way." she scoffed in disbelief.

"it's true, ever since we met at the library, i've been crazy about you." i explained "i never believed anyone when they said you would never like me back because i was a greaser while you were a soc, i liked you from the start and now."

talia leaned in for a kiss but peter yanked her away from my arms.

"what the fuck talia?! you were supposed to be my date!" he scolded her.

"date as in you letting yourself around other girls?! yeah, sure pete." she rolled her eyes.

"that didn't say you could go mackin' on this greaser!" his arm pointed at me.

"i'm not just a greaser, ya soc." i spat, peter swung at me.

i lunged at him, we went at it. darry and two-bit ran over to us, i wasn't going to let this go on so i headed for the rooftop, somewhere i always went during class time whenever i'm mad or just upset over something or someone.

talia followed me up, i noticed when i heard her converse sneakers scratch against the concrete floor of our rooftop. i never paid any attention, instead i just stared at the stars from where i was.

"hey pone, sorry about peter. darry is currently having a talk with him right now." she pushed back a strand of hair behind her ear.

"no worries, i just thought you'd be siding with him after what had happened." i was a bit angry at talia.

"you kidding? never, i just, ya know." no, i don't know.

"look talia, i like you and all but sometimes i think you're just pushing my love for peter." i quickly snapped, she was confused.

"peter means nothing pony, i like you and that's all that matters, right?" she raised her eyebrows at me.

i didn't hesitate to smash my lips against hers, to my surprise she just went with it, good. i pull away with a smile, she blushed the whole time.

i took her left hand "will you be my girl, talia valance?"

"1. we're not getting married pone, and 2. yes, yes i will." she smiled.

is this a dream? someone pinch me.