real lovebirds

𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫    i just got out of the shower with my towel wrapped around my waist, the movie was starting in an hour but we had to pick up talia at 5 since she lived a bit farther from the drive-in

𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
i just got out of the shower with my towel wrapped around my waist, the movie was starting in an hour but we had to pick up talia at 5 since she lived a bit farther from the drive-in. is it normal to stress out over not knowing how to greet a girl that you like? i mean like yeah i just met talia but there's something thoughtful about her that struck my heart, it's not love at first sight because talia doesn't like me like that.

i stared at myself in the foggy, i began talking to the mirror as if talia was the reflection.

"hey, no that's stupid. umm... hello-" dally barges into the bathroom, embarrassed flushed me down the toilet.

"woah! hey guys, look it, pony's checking himself out!" dally made it loud and clear.

steve, two-bit, and soda came running over to the bathroom for a quick laugh. i pushed past them to head on over to my room where i kept the door LOCKED, grabbed a pair of jeans and a green t-shirt along with a sweatshirt.

i walked out of my room to meet darry in the living, he sat peacefully in his armchair until everyone came tumbling back to the living with loud laughter. darry quickly goes over to grab his keys, johnny and i were already waiting by the sides of the truck for him to unlock the door for us.

"alright, let's go pick up that broad of yours pony!" two-bit chants.

"for the last time two-bit, she ain't a broad!" i rolled my eyes.

darry pulls out of the driveway to talia's, everyone gazed through the window as we hit the soc side of town, it's much more cleaner than what we had to live with. we made it to talia's where she climbed down her window, we all worried once we watched her plop onto her bushes.

talia stood up as if it were nothing, gave us a quick smile before running over to the truck. dally even got all worked up by talia's entrance. johnny made some room for her by crushing me against the window, as a result i did hit my head on the window. darry drove off with his eyes glued to the road, two-bit rolled down the window to holler at the ladies who passed by, even the older ones.

talia traded spots with johnny, just so dally could stop bugging her "your friend, two-bit always like this?" she leaned in to ask.

"two-bit, some of those women are old enough to be your mom." i was grossed out.

"it's alright pone, i like em old. just like you dar." two-bit then kisses darry on the cheek, we all started laughing.

it was nice to hear talia laugh, i'm pretty sure it's the first time i hear her laugh, god damn those socs made me lose my memory. the car comes to a strong brake but it was for sure that darry made it to the drive-in.

everyone hopped out of the truck to sneak under the fence, even darry. talia shook her head and attempted to get under the fence until steve tripped her, wrong move since talia tackled steve to the ground. johnny pulled her off of him before catching up with the gang who have already found their seats.

talia was all happy until she had her eyes on some redhead, then i realized it was cherry with another girl and their what i assumed were their boyfriends, cherry turned to have a shocked face once they made eye contact.

cherry made her way over here, talia tried to hide herself but it was too late "talia why are you hanging out with greasers?"

"what do you mean, they're nice." talia basically complimented us, even dally.

"yeah, we're nice. why don't you have a seat doll?" dally made it into flirting mode.

"no they aren't nice, especially this greased douche, come sit with me and marcia or i'm telling mom." cherry was pulling on talia's arm.

"ow, you're hurting me! kidnapper! help! call 911!" talia yelled, everyone threw a crowd of attention at us.

cherry released her arm "be that way, but if you come back pregnant with a greaser's baby, i'm not going to be there to defend you."

"says the girl who had an ab-" cherry smacked the back of talia's head "ow!"

"i'm leaving, make sure to find a ride home." cherry walks away.

talia was still rubbing the back of her head, cherry must have a good arm or something because there's no way a girl can hit that hard to leave someone's hand by the back of their head for that long. most eyes were on talia as she let go of her head.

"i'm gonna get a coke, y'all want anything?" talia turned to us before leaving.

"uhh yeah, make it 3." darry handed her some money.

we waited for about 5 minutes and talia still hasn't come back with our drinks, then she walks over with some weird face, looking back at the counter 3 times.

"do you guys know anyone named tim shepherd?" she whispered.

we nodded or said 'yes'.

"oh well he's looking for dally because of his tires, said something about you slashing it." she pointed at dally, now curiosity struck.

"i didn't do nothing man, i was with you guys the whole time." he threw his arms in surrender.

talia made way to get to the seat next to me, oh boy am i just gonna be too full for the coke because of all the butterflies in my stomach. talia used the scrunched hair tie of hers to lift her hair up into a ponytail or whatever they call it, i'm too busy worried about all the grease in my hair.

it wasn't a surprise for anyone that two-bit had to point out every movement or thing me and talia do, talia giggled at almost everything but that's what you get when a two-bit matthews is the wise one of the gang,

"don't blush ponyboy, your cheeks will match the color of talia's hair." the guys start laughing, i blushed in embarrassment.

"hey don't you guys have that school dance on like the 23rd of january?" steve turned to me and talia.

"it's the snowflake dance, i ain't going because nobody asks me out anyways." i threw my empty cup at an elderly couple, talia was too distracted by the movie.

all eyes were on talia who was taking the last bits of her coke, she paused and stared back at everyone "what?"

"nothing." we all say.

talia valance, i would ask you to the dance but we got a wise one in front of us.