1st Arc Part 6: Gratitude, Passion, and Promises

As Kirumi was cleaning up (She wouldn't let me help her.), I remembered something that I really should do before anything else.

"Kirumi, do you know where Maki is? I need to thank her for this morning."

"I believe I saw her near the entrance to the basement. You can check the map on your Monopad to make sure since it tracks everyone's location." That's worrying. " If you wish to thank her, maybe a gift would be a good way to show your appreciation."

"But where would I even get gifts here?"

"You did not find the school store when you first investigated?"

"School store? We have one here?"

"Yes. It's right next to the warehouse."

"Oh...that explains why I didn't find it the first time around." I groaned.

"What do you mean?"

"I met Miu in the warehouse, and her...personality was a bit too much for me. I left the warehouse in a huff and must have missed the store."

"Understandable. Miu is...troublesome at times." Kirumi finished cleaning everything up and turned to face me. "I am glad I got to speak with you today. I do hope you take my suggestions to heart. And please, let me know if you need anything."

With that, she left. Kirumi really is too kind. I soon left my room as well and headed to the school store. As Kirumi has said, it was right next to the warehouse. I walked inside and saw an assortment of items lining the walls. I then noticed what looked like a gacha machine, those little things that pop out a capsule whenever you put in a coin.

I walked up to it and inspected it. From what the description on it said, to get anything in the store, you have to win a coupon for it from the 'MonoMono Machine', as it's called. And to even use the MonoMono Machine to get coupons, you need Monocoins.

"What the hell are Monocoins?"

"They're the currency of this academy!" Monotaro said as he appeared. "As a student, you get these coins for free!"

He then tossed me a small bag filled with a few coins, all of which had Monokuma's image engraved in it, the sight making me scrunch my face in disgust.

"If you want more, you'll have to look around for them!" He explained.

With that, he left. Well, at least I have a good number of coins now. Well, now that I have them, I might as well test my luck to see if I get anything Maki would like.

I put in a couple of coins and turned the handle. I got coupons for a three-layered lunch box, a hammock, a milk puzzle, an earnest compass, a space egg, and a perfect laser gun. None of these look like a good gift for Maki... well, guess I'll just have to use more coins. What should I even be hoping to get?

Maki would like the space egg.

I blinked. What? Maki would like the space egg? I looked at the description of the item. An object made of borosilicate glass. It changes its form depending on the angle you look at it. It looks interesting enough. And my weird knowledge seems to agree.

Actually, this weird knowledge stuff is a major question in all of this. How do I seemingly just know things? And are these revelations happening at random? Actually, now that I think about it, this weirdness always happens whenever I ask myself a question or I see something. I wonder... What would be a good gift for Kirumi?

Kirumi would like the items that could help her with her talent, like the Flame Thunder broom, sewing kit, and stainless tray.

I blink a few times again. So I can control it to an extent. I wonder what I could use this for. I'll have to test it later. I can probably use this to figure out my next move.