4th Arc Part 4: Kaito Momota

It was morning at the Ultimate Academy, and the first thing that greeted everyone's ears was a loud shout.

"But we gotta do it! If not now, then when!?" Gonta shouted.

"Absolutely not! That's completely reckless. Even if Monodam is on our side, Monokuma is still a huge threat! He might have his own Exisal for all we know!" Tenko shouted.

"Gonta know that...but... Watching friends disappear... seeing everyone get weaker... Gonta no can take this anymore! That's why Gonta go fight Monokuma!" Gonta exclaimed.

"Fight Monokuma!?" Shuichi, who had just entered the dining room, repeated in a panicked voice of disbelief.

"Shuichi! Good timing! Help us talk some sense into Gonta!" Kaede pleaded when she saw the detective.

"Gonta's saying a lot of reckless stuff, but he refuses to listen to any of us," Rantaro explained with a concerned gaze.

"Gonta know it reckless...but it only way to save everyone," Gonta stated. "Waiting around, doing nothing just make more victims... That why Gonta gotta risk his life! Real gentleman would risk life! Gonta gladly give up life to save everyone!"

"Gonta, I get how you feel, but don't you think you're getting ahead of yourself?" Kaito asked the large teen.

"Even if you were to fight against Monokuma, fighting them without any sort of weapon or plan would be foolish," Kirumi stated.

"...More like meaningless. You shouldn't do that." Kokichi muttered, not bothering to turn his head to face the others as he spoke.

Kaito turned to look at the supreme leader with a raised eyebrow. When Kokichi entered the dining hall, Kaito immediately noticed something was off about him. He sat slightly further away from everyone else, and he didn't bother making any sort of teasing remark or tasteless joke so far. He hadn't even spoken until now. And now that he was talking, Kaito was getting a bad feeling. That feeling proved itself right when Kokichi turned to the group and gave a wide smirk, though, unlike his previous ones, looked wider, and more unhinged.

"And even if you did do that, it wouldn't stop the killing game."

"What?" Shuichi questioned.

"...Why not?" Gonta asked.

"Don't you remember what happened to Tsumugi? She claimed to be the Mastermind, and she's dead, yet the killing game is still going strong." Kokichi explained before he tilted his head in a confused, innocent manner. "Actually, why would you even want to stop the killing game? It's just starting to get fun! It'd be a waste to stop it now." That's when Kokichi's expression shifted into anger. Real anger. "You guys are all whack jobs! Is something wrong with your heads!?"

"Something's wrong with your head!" Kaito shot back.

Kaito was convinced. Something was definitely wrong with Kokichi. This was the first time he sounded truly pissed off since the first day when they kept attempting the underground tunnel. This wasn't an act. What Kaito didn't know was why he was so angry all of a sudden. Was it because Gonta wanted to fight Monokuma? Was it because they wanted to end the killing game? None of those make sense. Despite how much of a huge dick Kokichi was, this didn't line up with the things he had already done. It seemed...really off for some reason Kaito couldn't explain. Still, he couldn't help but get angry in response to Kokichi's sudden aggressive outburst.

"Oh, don't tell me...you guys aren't confident enough to win the game?" Kokichi asked, his expression once again immediately changing into one of starry-eyed wonder, before changing it once again to one of cockiness with outstretched arms. "Geez, if you're really that much of a weenie, then you might actually lose, y'know? But in my case, I'm full of confidence! I'll win this game, no matter what!"