3rd Arc Part 23: Live and Let the Languid World Live

"Right. After we looked around the virtual world for a bit, we split into three main groups to find the clues that Monokuma hid in the virtual world." Kaede began.

"Kaede, Rantaro, and Gonta search chapel," Gonta said as he crossed his arms and made a pondering expression.

"And the ones who searched the mansion were me, Maki, the late Angie and Ryoma, and that NPC Kaito!" Kokichi added before he started laughing.

"Hey! Who you callin' NPC, you A-S-S!?" Kaito yelled with a face of complete fury.

"And the people who searched the outside areas were Tenko, Himiko, me, Shuichi, Kirumi, and Keebo," I said as I sighed at Kaito and Kokichi's antics.

"Tenko and I searched outside the chapel, Keebo and Shuichi searched outside the mansion, and Rin and Kirumi searched the forest behind the mansion," Himiko added. "Tenko and I didn't leave each other by ourselves at all until we found that clue near the chapel."

"Same. Keebo and I didn't go too far from each other either as we searched. We were always close by, enough to see the other if one of us found something." Shuichi added.

"Kirumi and I were the same until Kirumi was logged out by the culprit." I nodded in agreement.

"How could any deal fatal damage to either of them when we were all split up in groups like that?" Tenko asked.

"That's what we have to think about," Rantaro stated.

"Let's begin, then." Keebo nodded. The fatal damage that could have killed Angie and Ryoma...let's pin that down.

"In the virtual world, Angie, and perhaps Ryoma as well, received a fatal wound that killed them." Kirumi began the discussion.

"We should focus our efforts on figuring out how that happened first," Kaito said with a big smile.

"Whatever killed those two must have been the thing that was right next to them," Tenko said before she punched the air with enthusiasm. "The shovel! That must be the murder weapon!"

"Perhaps, but could there be some other way?" I asked.

"Maybe Gonta beat them to death with his bare hands." Kokichi then suggested, making me sigh in response.

"I'm being serious..." I groaned while shaking my head.

"Perhaps blunt force wasn't involved. Strangulation is also possible isn't it?" Kaede suggested.

"It's possible that one of them was pushed from a great height," Keebo added.

"Maybe they drowned in the river that was next to the mansion..." Himiko then said as she put a finger on her chin.

"I don't think so. I believe physical trauma, like blunt force trauma, had to be the cause of the fatal damage for Angie at least." Shuichi said. "Her real body didn't show any sign of any sort of struggle, and it appears as though she might have died instantly."

"There's also Rin's story to consider," Rantaro commented. "He said that he was ambushed and hit from behind with something. That was probably the shovel."

"That's right. If the attack was a single hit that caused the victim to die instantly, they wouldn't feel that much pain if any. If that's what happened, Angie's body appearing as though she was just sleeping wouldn't be so far-fetched." Maki stated.

"Oooohhh! The assassin master gets reeeally chatty when it comes to corpses!" Kokichi smirked, resulting in Maki giving him a dark glare.

"So Angie's exact cause of death is blunt force trauma in the virtual world from being hit by the shovel." Kaede summarized.