2nd Arc Part 11: It Begins Again

Author's note: Just want to mention that I'm not the best at writing mysteries. Since this is the first murder where I had to think it out, so I'm sorry if the case is either too easy, too hard, or makes no sense in certain areas.

================================================================================

2nd Arc: Ghosts From the Past that Haunt the Future

Deadly Life

Ding dong, dong ding!

"A body has been discovered!" Monokuma shouted as soon as the monitors turned on. "Everyone, please gather in the Ultimate Inventor's Research Lab!"

The monitors then turned off after delivering the body discovery announcement throughout the academy. The three of us, me, Kokichi, and Keebo, were completely dumbfounded as we stared at Miu's corpse. She was just hanging there in the middle of the room with nothing but her underwear on, motionlessly.

How...? How did it end up like this? Miu is the last person I would think might commit suicide. So why is she hanging from a noose in her own lab?

"This...can't be real, can it? Miu...can't be dead. My optic functions are just glitching out a bit, right?" Keebo asked as he shook in fear.

"Keebo...I'm...I'm so sorry." That was all I could muster myself to say as I placed my hand on Keebo's shoulder to try to comfort him.

"I-I...I can't even cry right now, despite my wanting to." Keebo muttered in a shaky voice.

I rubbed his cold metal shoulder as Keebo did his best not to fall apart at the seams. I then stole a look at Kokichi, who hadn't changed his expression a single time since we got here.

"Are...you okay, Kokichi? You found her body, so that must have been quite difficult for you since you were alone."

Kokichi didn't react at first, but then, as if someone clicked a button, Kokichi slowly started to laugh. He laughed and laughed, getting slightly louder and louder as he did.

"Hahaha...! So the stupid, dumb, cow bitch was the one to die next. Why was I so surprised? Of course someone as pathetic as her would be killed so easily. And to kill herself? That just proves she was even more pathetic than I thought!" Kokichi spat out with an evil smile.

"Kokichi! Don't you dare speak like that about Miu! Especially now that she's..." Keebo trailed off in his anger as he looked back to the hanging body. "Y-You have no right to say that right now...!"

"Keebo..." I said as I shook my head at him. "I don't think Kokichi means that."

"Wh-What?"

"Kokichi was the first one to find Miu's body, and when we saw him, he looked completely shaken. I think...this is how he's trying to cope. In his own bizarre way, even if he won't admit it." I then turned to Kokichi and gave him an angry glare. "And you. Don't you dare say stuff like that, even if you don't mean it."

"Nee-heehee... You're so stupid! I meant every word I said!" Kokichi corrected. "She was a stupid, ugly, perverted pig who only cared about making worthless inventions and sex! It's probably a good thing that she's dead! She probably would have killed someone if she didn't die like this. Why is Keeboy of all people sad? Oh, my mistake. He's a robot, not a person. Also, I thought robots could feel pointless emotions like sadness, so what's the dealio?"

Keebo tightened his fists at Kokichi's words, but I stopped him, shaking my head.

"It's not worth it Keebo. Just ignore his comments, no matter how horrible they are." Keebo seemed to want to say something but kept it to himself as he crossed his arms and looked to the ground. I then turned back to Kokichi even angrier than before. "Keebo's right, Kokichi. You have no right to say that about Miu or make fun of Keebo right now. Have some tact and respect for the deceased and those who mourn for them."