3rd Arc Part 4: Speculation and Suspicion

"Rin! Kaede! Is it true that you've found another flashback light?" Keebo asked us when we entered the dining hall.

"Yep! I've got it right here!" Kaede cheered as she took out the device in question, causing me to wince a bit at the sight of it.

"Wait, so Kokichi wasn't lying! I'm stunned! Startled! Shocked!" Tenko exclaimed, a look of pure disbelief on her face as she did.

"See? I told you I wasn't lying. Good thing, too, cuz I don't want my pants on fire." Kokichi said with a wide grin. "By the way, Keebo, I bet you don't know yet, but there's a computer room on the fourth floor that Kaeyayday and Rinny opened up."

"A computer room?" Maki questioned.

"Yeah, it was pretty amazing. There was a large Supercomputer or something like that in the middle of the room. The Monokubs said it could create a new world, though the device still needs work on it. They told us that they would work on it." I explained. "Of course, I'd rather not trust the Monokubs with that, but that's the only choice we have. The computer is far too complicated for any of us to understand. Luckily, I feel as though Monodam is at least sort of trustworthy."

"If that's the case, then perhaps Keebo could figure something out with it," Kaito suggested.

"I'm sorry. I'm not very computer savvy." Keebo immediately claimed.

"Wait...really? That's...unexpected..." Himiko mumbled in confusion.

"You know, Keebo, I have to ask now after that, but..." Ryoma began to say with a raised eyebrow. "What exactly is your talent?"

"Well...I can do all sorts of things." Keebo responded. "Oh yes! I'm pretty good at one-man comedy shows, if I do say so myself!"

"I...don't think that qualifies..." Rantaro gave a dry chuckle.

"Kee-boy's existence is the only Ultimate thing about him. Other than that, he's got no talent." Kokichi quipped.

"I just told you I'm good at one-man comedy shows!" Keebo argued.

"Just because you're good at something doesn't make it your talent. I'm apparently good with machinery, but I'm not an Ultimate in the mechanical field like Miu." I added my own two cents in a blunt tone. Keebo went to say something, before pausing and lowering his finger sadly. "W-Wait, Keebo! That doesn't mean you're not talented either! You're an incredible robot! One that's never been created before! You're one of a kind! You can change and adapt in ways no person can!" I tried to cheer him up.

"Yeah, I guess that's true, but every person is already born as one-of-a-kind, making Keebo, who's pretty much like us, no different in reality. Especially when he refuses to adapt in ways humans can't." Kokichi sighed, causing Keebo to lower his head even lower. If robots could look downtrodden, then I can only assume that's the kind of face Keebo was making.

"I guess that means we have no choice but to wait for the Monokubs to finish their work on the computer." Maki sighed.

"Then how about we get started with why we've all gathered here? It's because of the flashback light, isn't it?" Rantaro asked.

"Yes... So, have we all decided what we're going to do?" Keebo asked.

"Use it, of course! We might be able to remember something new!" Tenko exclaimed.

"Like the true purpose of the Ultimate Hunt..." Himiko suggested.

"Well...we don't know for sure if it's got anything to do with why we're trapped here..." Shuichi added.

"But it makes sense if the Ultimate Hunt does have something to do with all of this," Ryoma noted.

"Hey, instead of just talking about it, it'd be way faster to just use it, y'know?" Kokichi butted in.